Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheating in Mocks: For or Against

Options
  • 02-02-2008 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

so there are two sides to this as there is to every debate...

some tachers argue that students should know whats comin up in the mocks so they arent stressing n so they arent studyin 50 different topics within the space of a few weeks....
    Most of my teachers feel the mocks are an Interuption, most courses are finished either which doesnt help...
    The mocks are importantly yes...especially for time management...

True we wont know wats comin up in the real leaving.... but sure thats 4 months away...plenty of time to study and know "everything"

Post ur comments...

Knowing what comes up in the mocks is cheating 19 votes

For
    0% 0 votes
    Against
    100% 19 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

regardless of whats coming, and even though everyone knows that mocks can be pointless besides like you mentioned time management etc, it's part of the curriculum, like it or not. No reason you mentioned above is an excuse for cheating.

Just study, its easier

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Einstein wrote: »
    regardless of whats coming, and even though everyone knows that mocks can be pointless besides like you mentioned time management etc, it's part of the curriculum, like it or not. No reason you mentioned above is an excuse for cheating.

Just study, its easier

I agree that students should study and not cheat, from my point of view (i'm a teacher) it lets them see how well they do know a topic and what areas they need to revise.

btw mocks aren't part of the curriculum, they are not compulsory, not all schools do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Against as it will show you what you know and what you need to study more on.

Could you edit the first post and throw up a poll?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

i d say its just a research.. u never know for sure if something is certain to come up :) i mean if the school decided to order another paper, from different company.. or even make one them selves :)
    i think that more like guidelines..

• Advertisement

Wait, am confused by the poll - is 'for' saying that you agree with the statement, or that you're 'for' people knowing what's coming up in the mocks before hand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭teckoda

Well, if teachers let the students know whats going up, then thats not really cheating. Its focused learning. To an extent i think its good for teachers to do so in class tests, as students will actually focus on what they have to know and therefor learn it.

In my experience if a teacher just said we were getting a test on a whole chapter, i myself would not go about studying everything intensely. And therefor not do so well in the test. Depends on the person i suppose.

Cheating in the mocks is stupid aswell. As the mocks is what kind of slaps everyone in the face and makes people panic a little. Which is good if you ask me as students today are very laid back. Including me. So i'm hoping that these mocks will do just that for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Sparkles...

Its fairly pointless this cheating racket alright- apart from the fact that the entire point of putting yourself through them is to get an honest indication of 'where you're at' and what you need to focus on, you pay enough to get them corrected!!!... That said my maths paper 1 was such a disaster I intend on cheating my ass off for paper 2 just to pass the fricken' thing!!:rolleyes:

Advertisement