Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is there VRT on a 5th wheeler?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I would assume that this is classified as a trailer, no idea how the brakes work though.

Somehow I can't see you towing that monster round the Ring of Kerry though, never mind the Ring of Beara ...seems a tad overgrown for anything but a motorway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

peasant wrote: »
    I would assume that this is classified as a trailer, no idea how the brakes work though.

Somehow I can't see you towing that monster round the Ring of Kerry though, never mind the Ring of Beara ...seems a tad overgrown for anything but a motorway.

Its only a tad wider than the navara.......cant see any major problems to be honest, though you dont see many of these here in Ireland. Very spacious inside - very roomy due to the slide out. Plus, you get to use your crewcab during the week -
    I got an email from the seller saying he'll do a deal on the trailer for 15k sterling. Is it a better option for me than splashing out 25k or 30k for a camper?

Opinions please ppl. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I'd say it depends on what you want to do with it.

If you like to go from A to B, stay in B for a week then go to C and stay there for another week and that's your idea of a holiday ...then I'd say go for it.

But if you'd rather drive around and stop wherever you fancy and then continue on the next day, I don't think this would be for you. Too cumbersome to drive and due to the slideouts you can't just stop by the side of the road either and make yourself a quick cup of tea before you continue on (Once the slideouts are slid-in, there will be hardly any room inside) ..it aint no touring caravan :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

yeah, it'd be for going to france for as week or two in the summer etc. and weekends away during the year.

tell me - would the ferry charges be excessive with a crewcab and a 26ft 5th wheel behind?

Advertisement