Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very good trasnfer window for us

Options
  • 02-02-2008 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Could the transfer system be better than some of us thought?

I said when Ramos came that Comolli was going to come under tremendous pressure to deliver, and I have to say that this window has been a great success for the club and the DOF.

We are left slightly short up front with Defoe leaving, but I'd hope that Lennon, Jenas and Steed can provide options from the middle and I'm also hopeful we can make an effort to bring someone through the ranks. Thomas Peckhart has been in fine form for the reserves, here's hoping he can make the step up.

Good article on the club site about the last month:

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/transferwindowwrapup.html

I think Mr Comolli has earned himself a reprieve until at least the start of next season.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭RingoSpur

Yeah i agree with you Ronan. I think we've bought quite well this time around. I think Ramos is having more of a say in what is going on with the transfers than jol did and I think it shows. I saw an article on sky website that he said no to up to 8 transfer targets presented to him. I thought Hutton did well today and Woodgate if fit will be important for us. Things are looking brighter this season at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Great window. Very happy with our dealings.
    Not sure how much DC had to do with it.
    But that's DOF system for you, there will always be more questions than answers.
    But I can live with it if we contuinue to sign proven quality.

Onwards and upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Could the transfer system be better than some of us thought?

I said when Ramos came that Comolli was going to come under tremendous pressure to deliver, and I have to say that this window has been a great success for the club and the DOF.

Agree Ronan - i rate the other two as well - also he shifted some serious deadwood Gardner, Routledge, Staltieri, Barnard, Ifil who would not take us to another level.

Advertisement