Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A good drive on the east coast?

Options
  • 02-02-2008 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭

I really want to get out in the car today and go for a good drive somewhere.

Can anyone recommend somewhere along the east of the country (I'm in north dublin)? - not necessarily the coast

(I've been to glendalough, sally gap (great drive) etc)

I'm taking the camera so good views are always a plus!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

County Meath has some great roads. Dunshauglin to Kilmessen to Kilcock routes have some great roads. I just hope you dont get snared with traffic!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

Country meath full of tractors,doh!! forgot andrewf20 thats what you drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Cooley peninsula.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

.."Dunshauglin to Kilmessen to Kilcock"?
    As I remember they're all fairly plain and very boring country routes which are generally packed with commuters...

The only decent places I've found thus far have been all up the wicklow mountains - the military road being the best, up past the gap and down by lough tay. Would like to hear a few myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

esel wrote: »
    Cooley peninsula.

Seconded:)

The road over through hills to Omeath, and up to Clermont Cairn.

Taken from Clairmont Cairn looking south towards Feede Mtn. and Greenore.

DCP_0442.JPG

Taken from the road up from Carrickdale to Clermont Cairn

DCP_0445.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Take the N2 off the M50 and head for Slane. In Slane turn left and head for Navan.

Navan to Trim and Trim to Dublin.

Take in

Slane Castle and Village
    Navan - River Boyne
    Trim - Castle

S

Advertisement