Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dead Rising saves

• 02-02-2008 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

Picked up Dead Rising second hand a few days ago

Am I completely retarded but every time I load my game I start from the very beginning but with the status that I left the last game with?

I can't seem to save my progress!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

armour87 wrote: »
    Picked up Dead Rising second hand a few days ago

Am I completely retarded but every time I load my game I start from the very beginning but with the status that I left the last game with?

I can't seem to save my progress!

there are save points plotted around the game. look for an S logo on the map. You can also save at the safe office part where the bird and survivors are. look for the bench.

I like the game, but the infrequent save points can be frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

It gives you 2 options when you load a game, you seem to be choosing new game rather than continue... I can't remember what exactly the options are called in the game, but it confused me a little at first too.

http://xbox.about.com/od/cheatsfaqs/a/deadrisesavhelp.htm

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Just be careful which option you choose when you save.

Well worth sticking with, took me a while to get into but it's a great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

jayteecork wrote: »
    Just be careful which option you choose when you save.

Well worth sticking with, took me a while to get into but it's a great game.

+1. Once you get the save system figured out it's a great game.

Just beware that the first time you make a save at the wrong time or wrong place you will find your foot rushing at high speed towards your xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

tman wrote: »
    It gives you 2 options when you load a game, you seem to be choosing new game rather than continue... I can't remember what exactly the options are called in the game, but it confused me a little at first too.

http://xbox.about.com/od/cheatsfaqs/a/deadrisesavhelp.htm

Ta. Got it sorted now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I got this game a while ago thinking it was a good game but I don't see what people like about this game. Is there a release date announced for RE5?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Dman001 wrote: »
    I got this game a while ago thinking it was a good game but I don't see what people like about this game. Is there a release date announced for RE5?

Psychopaths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Dead Rising is a fantastic game, but I hated it when I first got it. I played it a bit and then left it on the shelf, months later I was bored and decided to play it again. The saving is weird, but does make sense after a while. Get to know where the save places are - I usually used the jacks under the stairs after you enter the mall from the warehouse all the time (and later on you get a shortcut to it which is pretty handy). Save often early on. As for restarting - it is really worth having some fun smashing zombies and levelling up and then restarting. You can restart with your XP, so get up to 10 to 15 and then go for it.

It was one of my favourite games on the 360. Much underrated, and the story has some great depth and humour aside from the obvious zombie killing mayhem - but you need to get into it to find that, and the early stages do put a lot of people off.

It's a short game - only 6 hours, but needs to be replayed - no way you'd complete it in one playthrough.

Any one here got the 7 day Survivor achievement?

The Saving system is very well done in Dead Rising.
    At the end of the day people are whinging because they're not use to having a save system that makes you think.
    I agree with the poster above, Dead rising is an excellent game, that took me quite a while to get into.
    I'm currently trying for the Saint achievment right now and I doubt I'll ever do to - the AI of the survivors is shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

F-Stop wrote: »

Any one here got the 7 day Survivor achievement?

No, that one is solely for nutjobs and the Japanese.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

At the end of the day people are whinging because they're not use to having a save system that makes you think.
    I agree with the poster above, Dead rising is an excellent game, that took me quite a while to get into.
    I'm currently trying for the Saint achievment right now and I doubt I'll ever do to - the AI of the survivors is shocking.

No properly thought out save system will allow you your one and only save at a time when its physically impossible for you to advance in the game, especially if it might take you another 30 mins to an hour to find out that you don't have enough time left.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Took me a while to get into this game as well but when I finally got to the gun store and killed the psycho in there (pretty tough boss) I started to really enjoy the game. There really isn't anything else like it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

i disagree about the save sytem making you think. I havent played it in a few weeks due to frustration at where i am and the lack of save points plus the time limits. Basically i defeated one boss (cant remember too) then i have to run across the park (while the convicts are there) and get to find another boss who has a trolley in a supermarket. He has killed me on both occassions that i have tried it meaning that i have to go back to before the previous boss (not counting the convicts as a boss)

progress at this juncture has nothing to do with having to think.

that being said, its the only downside to the game. Although i havent played it in weeks due to this one downside

faceman wrote: »
    i disagree about the save sytem making you think. I havent played it in a few weeks due to frustration at where i am and the lack of save points plus the time limits. Basically i defeated one boss (cant remember too) then i have to run across the park (while the convicts are there) and get to find another boss who has a trolley in a supermarket. He has killed me on both occassions that i have tried it meaning that i have to go back to before the previous boss (not counting the convicts as a boss)

progress at this juncture has nothing to do with having to think.

that being said, its the only downside to the game. Although i havent played it in weeks due to this one downside

Lol.
    Don't take this the wrong way but it sounds like you suck. Those two bosses are real easy.
    There are save points in every wing of the mall, look for toilets. There's one in the gym just to the right of the first boss. Save your status and start again I think.

Lol.
    Don't take this the wrong way but it sounds like you suck. Those two bosses are real easy.
    There are save points in every wing of the mall, look for toilets. There's one in the gym just to the right of the first boss. Save your status and start again I think.

Why does it sound like i suck? Why should i save my status and start again. AMB tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

The saving was pretty mental, but i think it was done to make you feel more on edge, like you had to risk running through a mall full of zombies to get to the save point. Also just FYI what the op was doing wrong, if i remember right, is when you save the game, if you select 'save and quit', it actually quits the WHOLE GAME and you have to start all over again. Pretty retarded option to have really.

Advertisement