Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council building a house on own land

Options
  • 02-02-2008 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

To try and keep this short.
    We live in a very old house, the health board have said its unfit to live in and we have to get out and find somewhere else to live quickly.
    We have a meeting with the council on Monday and they have mentioned that they may be able to pull the existing house down and build a new one.
    Has anyone heard of this before?
    Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Who owns the house and land?
    Do you rent it off the council and are they going to build you a brand new house?
    If so, you should thank your lucky stars.

Or is the house owned by you and the Health Board are enforcing standards?

More info needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bbbbbb22222

We own the land and house. The health board are enforcing standards.
    The house is in such poor repair and in a very rural area so if we sold it we wouldn't get much for it.
    I have heard several cases of people in this area giving the council their land and then the council building a house which is then rented out to them.

Although I can't find any information about this.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Look on your local County Council website.

They're called SI houses (Special Instance).

As I dunno your CoCo, I'll make do with my local CoCo.
    http://www.donegalcoco.ie/services/informationpoints/owningahouse/sihouse.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bbbbbb22222

Thanks byte thats great.

Advertisement