Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hello

Options
  • 02-02-2008 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

hi moved down to portlaoise,wondering what are the things to so any clubs,sports,any social clubs etc...........great if get a reponse
    :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Mountrath

See http://www.laoistourism.ie/activities-page.html

There's not much to do in Mountrath, but you should have more options in Portlaoise

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

I am a native of Portlaoise and sick to the teeth of people moving down here (and my fellow natives) complaining about nothing to do. There are a load of voluntary organisations in the Laois area, but people now a days have gotten so lazy coming out with "I work long hours and do be to tired" or "I need me time" and probably the best of all "I couldnt survive without my Saturday morning ly inn". How about giving up maybe two or three hours a week you will be surprised what friends you make and depending on the group you might even pick up a skill,

Thats my little rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Peter Walczak

hi moved down to portlaoise,wondering what are the things to so any clubs,sports,any social clubs etc.

Hi there,
    I live in Portlaoise for almost two years now. Not too long, but at least for some time. What I find interesting about the town would be the Sky Venue - maybe not too many gigs, but certainly there was some worth going (FLC, for instance). Few local pubs, quiet and nice, not to noisy. You can have a chat there instead of shouting. That's good for me. Don't know about the sports, wanted to go for a soccer game, but found out there was no senior soccer club in Portlaosie. What else... It's a small town, but if you are really looking for something to do, you'll definitely find, but if you prefer to do nothing, that's a good place as well.

Regards,
    PW

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TickingOrange

Check out this site for starters. There's the new Leisure Centre. There are signs all around town about a new six-a-side soccer league. There's evening classes in the new College. My girlfriend does Salsa classes in the GAA club. The best thing to do is pick up some of the local papers and keep an eye on flyers that come through the door. There's something for everyone if you know where to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

What are you expecting?
    Honestly..

What kind of place do you think this is?

Check this out

• Advertisement
Advertisement