Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

graphic design layout guides

Options
  • 02-02-2008 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭

hi peeps,

need a little help. Am interested in finding a good book or site about graphic design layouts. I am starting from zero on this front but saw some really nice sports posters during the week and want to see if I can turn my hand to it. I have the photographs but not any graphic design knowhow. I'm also interested in greetings card design.

This is kind of a starter one I did this morning to see if it was even possible for me to turn some ideas into reality. I have no doubt that you'll be able to find plenty to fault it with. I'm only posting it really to give you an idea of where I'm coming from. From a PS point of view I have a reasonable armoury so it's really only the layout side of things that I kind of need inspiration of some description. I don't know if there's a standard text book or even a book of images of this nature, or even a website or two. Just to see more and more what's possible than anything really.

Anyone got any ideas? I'd really appreciate it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

learn about grid systems, 'making and breaking the grid' is a good book, but there is plenty of others

Advertisement