Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics

Options
  • 02-02-2008 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭

Hey, I was wondering how possible it would be to do Physics on my own. Ive been thinking about it for a few weeks, and I dont want to do it at school because that would mean giving up economics. I just want to keep my options open because I made the mistake of not doing a lab science subject. I was just going to do pass probably, and get a few grinds off my cousin who does some physics course in UCC. Im pretty mathematical, Im doing honours maths and applied maths. Thoughst? Help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

you shouldn't have much trouble - i did physics sans teacher and got an A1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

You should be grand, its an easier version of applied maths imo,

My teacher reckons by not doing physics you are losing a grade or 2 in applied maths, so would be win win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

How long fo you have a year or two?

If you have two years then it's fairly accomplishable.

Two years maybe you might have to work quite hard.

Always use exam papers for an idea of what's going to come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Well, Im in 4th/5th year depending on what school youre in. I hear the elctives at the end are pretty hard, which is why i was considering just doing pass, but are they actually very hard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Nah. Well I haven't done applied electricity, but particle physics is simple. Mostly theory, gotta learn the quark composition of a couple particles.. nothing too hard really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Xhristy wrote: »

Yep.

http://examinations.ie/archive/examiners_reports/cer_2005/LC_Physics.pdf

The Chief Examiner's report in physics says the average mark in particle physics was 69.8% and the average mark in applied electricity was just 31.2%. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭craxsham

has anybody done physics mock???????????????????????????????????????..
    what experiments were on it?

Advertisement