Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Found

Options
  • 02-02-2008 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Dog found 2nd February 2008 in Charlesland, Greystones, Co Wicklow. Medium mix, brindle & white in colour, very friendly.

<snipped - send a PM for contact numbers>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭GAN

If you have no joy finding the owner and can't keep the dog, take it up to the DSPCA shelter in Rathfarnham; they don't put healthy dogs down and have a great rehoming record. There are directions on the website, www.dspca.ie. It's also worth ringing the local vets and describing the dog to see if they recognise it, I managed to get a cat I found back to its owner that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

have you brought it to the vet? it could easily be micro chipped most dogs are now if not try putting signs up in superquinn/tesco etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

Much appreciated - dog had been hanging around the SAR the last week or so, sleeping on the grass verge - after he stepped out in front of my car, I went looking for him Satruday afternoon, as did bm, so we made it a joint effort, and it was needed, he is a smart cookie !

He has been staying with me and as much as I would love to keep him, I can't - I have two rescues already. Thanks so much GAN, we were racking our brains as to what to do with him, as any of the shelters we rang are chokka. The only option was the pound, and its subsequent death sentence -over my dead body sez I - I am going to ring Rathfarnham in the morning, he is a lovely dog and should be rehomed easily.

Posters have gone up, and Rathfarnham will check him for a chip - if they cant take him, I will take him to the vet and worry about the next bridge when I come to it !!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

snyper, save it for lolocaust

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

ok Eoin ;)

Although, just a point for the OP, Is it a good idea to post your phone numbers up on the public boards like this? Perhaps interested parties could contact you via PM?

Just a thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

snyper wrote: »
    ok Eoin ;)

Although, just a point for the OP, Is it a good idea to post your phone numbers up on the public boards like this? Perhaps interested parties could contact you via PM?

Just a thought.

Yeah, that is a good point actually.

barkingmad, I've edited your post to remove the numbers.

Maisy, am going to PM you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Take it down to the WSPCA pound between Glenealy/Rathdrum.

He was brought to the pound on Monday 5th and escaped the minute the car door was opened. He is young, powerful and was gone in the blink of an eye apparently. From the condition of him, he had done a lot of travelling when he appeared on the SAR and may well make his way back this way - he hasn't been seen around Rathdrum since.

If anybody does spot him, please by all means PM me with his whereabouts. I refused to give up on him and sent out a pleading mail to every dog charity in the country big and small. Ironically, I was offered a place last night with a very good rehoming charity. Obviously, when I rang the pound to say I was picking him up, they filled me in. So, if he comes back, he will be staying with me until I can move him on to be rehomed. He is a very bright dog and has been able to keep himself alive to date.

He is a good medium size, with a black/brown brindle patch on white.

Thanks to those folks who contacted me and to bm - we may see him again yet !

I found him. I reckoned he would head for the bright lights, and he did. I motored around Wicklow town today and spotted him outside a school at lunchtime, hopeful of titbits no doubt.

So, he is back with me - the place he was offered is gone, but I am hanging onto him for the moment.

As someone said, the whole thing reads like a version of "Lassie come Home"....:)

• Advertisement

That is brilliant news -- Maisy you are a very good person! Well done!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Yes. Good on you.

Thanks but I don't see it as being good at all - we are top of the food chain and we should be looking after the critters further down. One of the dogs I have was rescued from being thrown on a Halloween bonfire - you just have to wonder.

But then, a lovely man, a truck driver who was passing, stopped and gave me a hand today, the dog was nervous about getting into the car, so there is hope.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

Fair play to you Maisy, nice to hear a happy ending!:)

I may well become the Mad Old Dog Lady of Charlesland but hey, you could do worse;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭woofie87

Maisy wrote: »
    I may well become the Mad Old Dog Lady of Charlesland bHut hey, you could do worse;)

Hey, what happened to the dog? My heart goes out to you and the poor creature, I have a little rescue scamp myself that I love to bits. He has a sad past of abuse and I am basically trying to make it all up to him, resulting in him being a bit a spoilt! You are such a star for not giving up on the dog...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

woofie87 wrote: »
    Hey, what happened to the dog?

Sold it to the local chinese :pac::D

Advertisement