Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black or White

• 02-02-2008 4:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

I'm modding My P180 (black) and part of that is painting the inside. So the Question is Black or white? I'm putting in a water cooling setup and there will be a blue ccfl bulb in it i'm thinkin the white would reflect it nicely but black just might look better altogether. No other colours bitte. quick reply needed. Litterally ready to go and have cans of each at the ready.

Thanks Goys Roish.
    Dan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Okay so i've gone with black seein as there doesnt seem to be any traffic here today. But pain of pains i ran out of paint. it looked ok earlier but once it dried i can see alot of patches. plus i havent even got to the back any way the shop didnt have any more so i'll try get some tomorrow if not then it will be Monday:(. anyway i've done some more work since, hole for RES with a hole saw and widening a hole for pipes. Finally got to use my dremmel and tbh they should really call it the dremmel super tool cos multi just don't cover it. Pics inc...

My Mess... ahem... room...
    50697.JPG
    A before picture if you tilt your head to the side it looks like a PC
    50699.JPG
    The hole and hole saw.. dead handy tool.
    50700.JPG
    The Cape Cap for the res this will be its new home soon.
    50698.JPG
    This is the first coat doesnt look too bad in person but the picture brings out the patches.
    50701.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Conar

What watercooling set up have you got?

I'll be watching with interest cos I have a P182 and I just haven't had time to install my Swiftech H220 Ultra kit.

If you have anything similar then keep the pics coming, I need all the inspiration I can get :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

hey,
    nice build you got there,the panals in the p180 have 3 layers so they are a pain to cut through.that res ur installing nearly everyone that looks like that i have seen is made with aluiminuim which is not good,so make sure its not a alui res :)

are you going to cutting wholes for cable tiding ?
    what blocks you installing and is that a swiftech mcr220 in the pics ?

when painting make sure u put on 3+ coats of paint and 1 or 2 of primer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

dying to know what wc setup uve got. im shopping for one right now and there's so many to go with.

dying to know what wc setup uve got. im shopping for one right now and there's so many to go with.

I got my Swiftech H220 Ultra kit of these guys, they seemed to be cheapest at the time.
    Worth a look if you don't mind waiting up to 2 weeks for delivery.

Maybe other places are cheaper now though, haven't been looking.

• Advertisement

D-teck fusion,ek full cover block for gfx,d5 vario or ddc3 pump ,thermochill PA120.3 rad and a EK res.

try and get some of the parts from http://www.petrastechshop.com/ you save on the dollar:cool:

I'm workin on it right now. cpu is an apogee gt, NB is th mcw30, and its the swiftech variable speed version. The res is actually the plastic version so safe enough there they'r'll be a DD filport somewhere too. The rad is a dualy that i bought off adverts along with a pump which is being upgraded to the aformentioned. It and the swiftech will be placed in the bottom compartment. i've been considering upgrading the rad to the pa120.3 but funds are a bit tight so i'm workin with what i have for now. No gfx cooling i'll wait til i upgrade my card for that which will be a while yet as i'm low on funds due to xmas skiing in march stag in two weeks and my next tech purchase is gonna be a nice tv.

Where are you mounting the rad?
    On the back or the top?

on its side in the bottom.

you may have noticed the hole in the bottom of the case. well that allows me to fit the psu in sideways makin more room for the pump and the rad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Looking good :)

• Advertisement

DanGerMus wrote: »
    on its side in the bottom.

you may have noticed the hole in the bottom of the case. well that allows me to fit the psu in sideways makin more room for the pump and the rad.

I just can't figure out what you mean :(
    I'll wait for the pics....hurry.....HURRY ;)

The case painting is all finished and dried. The pump is an mcr 655 forgot to mention earlier. I have some pics of ideas for the venting in the panels i'm still not sure if i'll go crazy as below or jus go for square vents of some sort. As for holes for cable tidying i think i can get away with it as is but i'll see what happens you never know. pics...

the case finished but still a bit wet...

50776.jpg

details...

50777.jpg

The back is so shiney...

50778.jpg

The panels had to be mummified before work could begin...

50779.jpg

i've sketeched some ideas on them too...

The weapons...

50780.jpg

Close up of vent idea i'll be removing the scribbled in bits. If the vents are too open and show too much then i'll put some mesh behind...

50782.jpg

heres the apogee gt copper plate which i sand-blasted in work to clean it. only the back before anyone says anything the front is still shiney.

50783.jpg

Conar wrote: »
    I just can't figure out what you mean :(
    I'll wait for the pics....hurry.....HURRY ;)

All will become clear eventually.

So i was pickin up the black paint yesterday and some yellow paint cauhgt my eye. i didnt know what i was goin to do with it. But then....

More Mummification of stuff.... the mcr655 broken down and taped up...

Black
    50787.JPG

Yellow :)

50788.JPG

After that i realised i forgot to paint the HD Caddy

50789.JPG

wow nice job man, really nice :)

dont know if that pump will trun out nice tho :( yellows not my colour

awhir wrote: »
    wow nice job man, really nice :)

dont know if that pump will trun out nice tho :( yellows not my colour

yeah it was kind of spur of the moment but i think it will contrast well with the black. i'll have to paint somethin else yellow though so it doesnt look out of place. maybe the Rad fan blades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I might do the same colours for the next All-Ireland SHC final :p

I probably would have done a deep gloomy blue and fired in a blue cold cathode.
    I cant wait to see the pics though. Fair play.

hey guys i haven't had a chance to do much with this since. i have cut a filport hole and started on the back panel venting. i have this reinforced pvc tubing for the setup but i've decided it looks a bit manky. what's the best stuff to buy. 1/2 inch ID.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

fooking kilkenny colours :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Anti wrote: »

Champs.. :p

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

gogo Kilkenny! \o/

:D

:eek: Well being a proud clare man i may have to reconsider my paint job.

But either way none of this helps with my tubing problem. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

how about an update on this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Anti wrote: »

I luv the colours of ur avatar anti! :D (im pretending that the yellow is amber)

awaiting parts :( . I'll get some pics up of what i've done to the panels tomorrow.. or later today indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

looking forward to it :)

hey guys. this is still going. Bit of a problem now though. i finally got all the bits i need together and all set up. turned on the pump and got it goin to try and bleed it, it just got all foamy. now i thought it was just the air trapped in few places.

So proceeded on til all the air was out. but it's still all foamy. the way i have it is Pump>>Cpu>>NB>>Res>>Rad>> back to Pump.
    What i think is wrong is cavatation cos of the resistance on the suction side caused by the rad.

Because of the way i have everything mounted it is a real balls to put the rad anywhere else in the loop. My only real options are to turn the pump around facing the inlet up. but then i won't have access to the speed control. I was wondering is there a way control the speed of the pump externally as you do with fan control. i know it's possible to make a kind of voltage regulator but if there is a product out there i'd rather but it. Any ideas would be appreciated.

53778.JPG

there should be no probs in that , hmm what pump are you using ?

also did you flush out ur rad before u used thre could be crap in it.

are you just using destillied water ?

It's the Swiftech MCP655™ 12 VDC Pump variable. It's not to bad on the lowest setting but once i get up to 2 it just starts to foam and a lot of noise comes from the pump on anything past 2, hence cavatation suspissions.

this is the liquid. http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=303&products_id=21407

I thought the mixture seemed a little rich when i added it as a foamed very easily even from pouring.
    i must also add that once that liquid is in the pipes it's practically clear.
    It might be the liquid but to be on the safe side i'll flush the rad again. i only used water before. what would you suggest i use to flush it.
    I have some destilled water handy too and i think i have some antifungal addative somewhere too so i'll try that instead of the primochill after i have the rad cleaned then maybe i'll buy some other kind of addative for colour and anti corosion. what you think?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

when i was doing mine for the first time anti told me to use vinegar.
    keep flushing the rad with vinegar until the vinegar starts to come out clear.

the gunk that came out was horendous.

Advertisement