Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black or White

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Nice one RMC i'll try that tonight.
    Will Balsamic do?

:D

"Now off to lidl for a gallon of the cheapest vinegar i can find"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

DanGerMus wrote: »
    Nice one RMC i'll try that tonight.
    Will Balsamic do?

:D

"Now off to lidl for a gallon of the cheapest vinegar i can find"

Dont use vinger its not great for the rad, use boiling water or if your taps get hot that will do and just leave it for about 10 minutes ,

I tried cleaning it with hot water from kettle. just poured it in then poured it out. then half filled it and wooshed it around. then filled it let it sit for ten minutes emptied it the ran cold water through it for a while(tap water).

The water all seemed pretty clear coming out the whole time. I havent tried vinegar as you said not to awhir. There does seem to be some residue around the inside of the barbs that hasn't shifted, i can only assume this is the same throughout. where should i go from here?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

try vinger then but only for a short period.

would coolant flush for your car do the trick? Might be less risk of stinky rad then?

• Advertisement

Some pics finally

54768.JPG

54769.JPG

54770.JPG

54771.JPG

54772.JPG

More...
    54773.JPG

54774.JPG

54775.JPG

54776.JPG

54777.JPG

54778.JPG

54779.JPG

54780.JPG

54781.JPG

54782.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭somakasvh

where did you mount the PSU?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

very nice work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

very nice :D

hey guys,s o i'm thinking of goin at this again. i need to put some vents in the back for the rad and psu, i've just been running without side panels for a while. You know p180 have the three layer design basically ulluminium-plastic-thicker aluminium. Well i was thinking of replacing all the thicker alluminium on the outside with acryan meshx or hexx (or similar). I'd cut holes in the plastic and alu thats left then cover the whole thing with the mesh and you wouldn't really know where the holes are unless in the dark. Just an idea for now. One stumbling block i've met though is the panels measure 500 x 480(a little smaller) approx. The mesh is listed as 500x500 but in the description it says it's 480x480 anyone have a sheet of this stuff can tell me what size it actually is? Maybe suggestions for different kinds of mesh or perforated alluminium sheets? Also think i'll put a window in the other side to show off the inside for this i'd cut a large hole then place some acryllic behind it and replace the panel again with mesh so the window would be meshed over.

Hey update on this i upgraded all the components got em all installed now looks great i'll post pics later. E8400, Rampage, HD4870, OCZ reaper pc8500. Tried a quick overclock there. Goes to 4ghz no prob i do however have funny temps showing in core temp core0:35c core1:42 all idle. they should be a bit closer, no?

59422.JPG

So i'm putting a pa120.3 in the case. What i'm thinking of doin is putting it in the bottom of the case.Put the case on feet cut the bottom out of it for vent and maybe using the power supply to do some of the blowing/sucking in place of one of the fans. hardly ideal but is it a terrible idea?

A very proffesional sketch
    60742.JPG

Advertisement