Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

howth

Options
  • 02-02-2008 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

wat would you be likely 2 catch in howth? thinking of heading out 2 moro, jus dont no were 2 go yet! any ideas????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Black velvit

well you will defo catch a cold in that weather bit other than that,
    Pollock off the rocks, wrass, dogfish.
    this link might help
    http://www.angling-ireland.org/wiki/index.php?title=Howth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

wat would you be likely 2 catch in howth? thinking of heading out 2 moro, jus dont no were 2 go yet! any ideas????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

If your going to howth, wrap up warm and go down towards the light house and fish of the rocks but only is the weather ok, agreat spot, but make sure its safe before you walk all the way down.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭wayne riley

maybe the next time ur going let me no and ill tag along if you dont mind barlow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

maybe the next time ur going let me no and ill tag along if you dont mind barlow.

I havent gone september last year, the weather and also lact of fish. Id next time will be probably may, but if i think of it i'll PM you know probs.

i decided 2 go 2 sandycove and 40ft yesterday, had 3 nice fish. coalie at 35cm, whiting 35cm and my 1st cod over 30cm. happy with my day out. think i`ve got the cod bug now!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

i decided 2 go 2 sandycove and 40ft yesterday, had 3 nice fish. coalie at 35cm, whiting 35cm and my 1st cod over 30cm. happy with my day out. think i`ve got the cod bug now!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

what bait were you fishing with?

the bloke i went fishing wit had bait left over from comp on sat. basically lug, mack, mussle, razor. you could try wat ever you have. eric the bloke wit me caught, 2 poor cod, cod, flounder, coalie, 5 beard rockling and some how i caught a crow 2, rod jumped out of stand, thought i had a monster till i notice the crow wraped up in my line. "dont worry we untangel the crow and he flew away" bit mad as loads of crows turned up 2 c wat was happening.
    turned out a good day.:D:D:D:D

Advertisement