Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Broadband (the speed)

Options
  • 02-02-2008 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

hi all,

just a question for all those who use 3 broadband i got it today the data modem it says can reach speed of 3.6mbps, so i decided to do a speed test on it look at the result its extremely disappointing please notice aswell i tells me that i have full coverage and i live in the city of galway why such bad speed:mad::mad:
    229675409.png[/URL]

its not even reaching 1mb :mad::mad:

anyone know why

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

hi all,

just a question for all those who use 3 broadband i got it today the data modem it says can reach speed of 3.6mbps, so i decided to do a speed test on it look at the result its extremely disappointing please notice aswell i tells me that i have full coverage and i live in the city of galway why such bad speed:mad::mad:
    229675409.png[/URL]

its not even reaching 1mb :mad::mad:

anyone know why

theres a few thousand posts on this else where on the forum, if your in the middle of a 3g area, and have full coverage, could well be a contention issue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

It seems in your haste to find answers without taking the time to look/search or even research, expecting someone else to do it for you, you missed the 3619 posts about this subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Take a look at the very long thread about 3 at the top of this forum - it's a sticky! Then put your modem back in its box and take it straight back to the shop before your 14 day trial is up. Trust me, you will save yourself a LOT of hardship.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

It seems in your haste to find answers without taking the time to look/search or even research, expecting someone else to do it for you, you missed the 3619 posts about this subject.

If you'd taken a minute to search, then you'd know that most folk hate ye "Aha - ya didn't search the whole fcukin' Internet before you asked your question" pedantic twats.......

p.s. In your haste to be a smart wise cnut, you added NOTHING, no, nothing at all - now piss off before I track you down and bludeon you. Fool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 MOD(galway)

enough of that crap would ye like to give me an answer .. should i bring it back???? i need internet on the move that i can bring with me any suggestions anyone ?????:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

enough of that crap would ye like to give me an answer .. should i bring it back???? i need internet on the move that i can bring with me any suggestions anyone ?????:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

look at post 2 and 4 again OP

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Hey, I think the 3 modem's great. I love having to reload pages which time out especially after 6:00 in the evening, not being able to use YouTube or listen to radio stations online, running into problems using Outlook, not being able to use FTP to update my website and my connection dropping out a lot. Worth every cent of its €19.99 a month IMHO.

And all the people in the sticky at the top of the page all over the country love having all those troubles as well. It's great! Don't bring the modem back. Hold onto it. You'll never suffer from low blood pressure again.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

there;s already a massive thread about this, we don't need another, use the search function

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement