Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

black bull stickers

Options
  • 02-02-2008 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭

anyone know what them stickers of a little black bull on the back of cars are? everywhere i look i see them,call me paranoid but im starting to think im missing out on some sort of secret or something!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

It's an unofficial symbol of Spain. People get them when they're on holidays there. There's a similar Donkey sticker, which is the symbol of Catalonia - created specifically to counter the Spanish symbol.

The bull originated as a the symbol of the Osborne sherry company, and used to be a common sight across Spain, until laws were passed prohibiting advertising near roadways.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne's_bull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I got the donkey on the back of mine:) I believe Catalunia was opposed to the image of the bull because it symbolised bull fighting. As far as i know its banned there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

thanks a mill paranoia averted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Black velvit

somtimes you see a portrait of a dog which looks like a pittbull but its a Presa Canario(Canairy dog) symbol of the Canairy Islands,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I do say these stickers and others have their disadvantages. They are another thing that can grab the attention of parking wardens and clampers if they see your car / commercial vehicle parked in a location longer than allowed ie loading bays etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement