Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best place to sell assorted car parts?

Options
  • 02-02-2008 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    My father used to run a motor factors and sadly he has recently passed away. This has left me with a fair amount of stock to offload. His suppliers have been little help (would have liked to send it all back for credit but no go).

Any ideas where I can sell it? The bulk of it is brake pads/shoes/filters for assorted makes. I'd opt for ebay if I was in the UK but postage might be a bit much to make it economical to send heavy items like that. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Sorry for your loss murphaph - I know how it feels to lose a loved one :(

Regarding the stock outstanding - would a stand at fairyhouse be worthwhile to shift it?
    These days there are motoring forums specific to manufacturers and even specific models - there is even a healthy amount of active Irish ones. Would it be worthwhile investing some time in signing up to them and posting up the relevant parts?

If all that is too messy, maybe offloading the products as one lot to someone in the business or starting out might be the best option? Sorry I don't know of anyone in that area of the trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Try to contact the guys at www.micksgarage.ie

they sell loads of new motor parts on line and if everything you have is new they might be interested in it.....however they are traders so dont expect to get top dollar for your parts as they have to add their bit on top.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Post a for sale thread on most car related forums around... these have for sale sections that will get you a good bit of joy.

www.manic-motorz.com
    www.cruisearound.ie
    www.dtdirl.com
    www.racershaven.com
    www.driver.ie

There are a few more but hopefully this will get you started.

Sorry to hear about your dad, if you need any assistance I might know a few people in the trade that would take some stuff off you if your interested, send me a pm if you want more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hi murphaph

My condelences first of all, been there done that this year.

How much stock? Could do worse than ask a mod for a short term sticky here and accept orders via paypal/in person. Lets face it we're a readymade marketplace :)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Sorry to hear about your old man.

Posting to the UK isn't as expensive as you might think. Eg a 1Kg packet is €7.50 standard post.

If you have a 90 or more ebay feedbacks, and 98% or more are positive you can get an An Post e-parcel card. There are quite good savings to be made on shipping, up to 60% in some cases:
    http://www.e-parcel.ie/

• Advertisement
Advertisement