Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Key/Tag words

Options
  • 02-02-2008 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

I'm setting up a web site and looking to attract traffic by using key words. How can I find out what key words competitors are using my researching their web site?

Thanks
    Lex

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

View their page source and the meta datas? Also look at the way paragraphs are done out on the homepage and see if there are keywords in there...

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

Thanks for the reply :) How do I View their page source and the meta datas?

Thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Have you not designed websites before? Meta data is stored in between the <head></head> tags generally at the very top of the page source, you can view a sites page source generally by right clicking the page and view page source or simular, take www.ireland.com for example, the meta-data for that site is:
    <meta name="description" content="ireland.com and the Irish Times - bringing you Irish news online, including breaking news, international news, sports news and weather." /><meta name="keywords" content="ireland.com irish times news online ireland newspaper sport sports weather breaking entertainment property business money travel technology science ancestor jobs cars motor motors dating crosswords sudoku classifieds notices births deaths marriages headline headlines rss feed feeds" /><meta name="robots" content="noarchive,index,follow" />
    Some sites have meta data keywords, others may simply rely on search engines picking up words from their homepages which is why its as important to make the homepage definition of the site as concise as possible...

Nick

Advertisement