Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so close to give up!!

• 02-02-2008 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

iv had absolutely no luck with airsoft and thinking of giving up on them all together!!!!!:(

i got a dboys m4 for xmas and for some reason no it is jamming alot!

when you fire at the ground it ok and works like a dream (grand for shoooting people that are already dead:D) but once you take aim and fire it fires about 3 shots then jams and you have to unload and take out the cleaning rod....

im losing it:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Sounds like gravity is helping the loading when you point it at the ground. My guess would be either a bad Hop-up or tappet plate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

Fiach Dubh wrote: »
    Sounds like gravity is helping the loading when you point it at the ground. My guess would be either a bad Hop-up or tappet plate.

a what or a what??

where do i find these and can they be replaced?

Yes they can both be replaced. The Hop-up is the device that adds spin to the BB's when fired, it's attached to the inner barrel and engages with the gearboxes air nozzle. The BB's in the mag pass into the hop-up by the little tube sticking out in the magwell.

The Tappet plate is an internal part of the gearbox, attached to and located just below the piston, it moves the air nozzle back and forth inside the Hop-up unit.

Have you tried different mags to make sure it's not a faulty mag? Best to go to the basic potential causes first.

yeah i have tried all 3 of my mags and 2 different types of BBs.

i know the little rubber hose your talking about, does that have to move back and forth?

If you mean the hose that go's into the mag then no, that doesn't move. The air nozzle isn't visible unless you strip the AEG and seperate the hop-up from the gearbox.

Look at the picture in the link below

http://www.mechbox.com/site/images/stories/FAQs/mechbox/mechbox_illustration.png

The tappet plate is the black bar under the piston cylinder, the air nozzle is the black tube at the front of the piston. The diagram only shows the mag feed tube of the hop-up but the air nozzle is inside the hop unit.

• Advertisement

cool thanks i cant see the air tube the gun.

im gonna buy a new hop up unit and air nozzle on ehobby and try that. the only ones they have thought are for TM guns will they work on Dboys?

at the moment when you fire it with your hand in front of it you can feel the air coming out the barrel but when it jams and you remove the mag and fire it you can feel the air coming out the mag slot.

The Marui hop should work. Just make sure you order the M4 type hop-up. Before you go and get another hop-up though there is other possible causes. If the rounds are jamming in the barrel every so often you could be getting air leak every few shots resulting in the round not having enough energy to make it through the barrel. Are you using high quality BB's?

i got them from eirsoft they are white and 'extreme percision' so i hope they are good

Yeah they are fine, that's not the problem then. I'd still go with bad hop-up or air leak. I'd advise against putting too much money into repairing a clone, particularly if you can't pin the problem down. Something to consider is to sell it on to someone with repair experiance and pick up a new AEG. Either that or consider this a project rifle to practice your repair skills but it might be a while before you get it running right.

ah it was a present so im gonna give it a go see it i can fix it.

il order the hop up and see if it works..........fingers cross eh..

• Advertisement

Yeah hope it works for ya. And it's better to jump into repair work sooner rather then later ;)

just out of curiousity do the Dboys give much hassle?

and what would be the better guns to go for?

so far iv had a galaxy mp7 that died and i lost the head with and now the dboys M4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

so far iv had a galaxy mp7 that died and i lost the head with and now the dboys M4

Generaly speaking clones will give you more hassle than a TM or a CA. I've had the D|Boys M4 for a while and have had no problems with it.

Maybe you're just unlucky:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Maybe the loading nozzle has detached from the tappet plate, thus not moving properly or loading, creating a seal,
    or you could try turning your hop completely off too, its unlikely to be the problem though.

Do you re-use bbs?

A warped one could have got stuck in the barrel, and damaged the loading nozzle by resisting it and breaking its connection to the tappet plate.

Ordering those parts requires fitting them, so you might aswell dissasemble the aeg now and see if the nozzle is attached to anything.

iv tried turning the hop up all the way up and down and still makes no difference...

i have reused some bb's which thinking about it seems stupid especially after firing them at a wall 2 metres away from me:eek:.

iv ordered them so im gonna strip it down later and post my findings..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

you should never re-use bbs, they deform on impact, even going through a sheet of paper i wouldnt bother re-using bbs

if you turn the aeg upside down and look into the magwell, shine a light into the tube where the bbs feed, when you pull the trigger, you should be able to see the air nozzle move back and forth, if not then it has become detached from the tappet plate

kdouglas wrote: »
    you should never re-use bbs, they deform on impact, even going through a sheet of paper i wouldnt bother re-using bbs

if you turn the aeg upside down and look into the magwell, shine a light into the tube where the bbs feed, when you pull the trigger, you should be able to see the air nozzle move back and forth, if not then it has become detached from the tappet plate

when i look inside nothing moves back and forth!

is it a big job to replace the tappet plate?

You'll have to strip the gearbox, either the nozzle or tappet plate broke their connection, so one has to be replaced or glued, superglue probably could do it. Edit: but you should probably just replace it.

Its a type 2 box, so not very tough, look at mechbox.com for a guide.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

have a look at a few guides as moto said, before opening it just so you know what to expect when ya do open it,. the m4 is one of the handy ones to strip so ya should be fine,.:)

• Advertisement

ok iv stripped the m4 and wiht the hepl of mech box.com i stripped the mech box.when opened i noticed the tappet plate was all the way back and i had to give it a good push to get it forward.

the air nozzle is smooth till it gets half way down the air outlet than seems to get stuck and holds the tappet plate back.

im assuming this should be smooth sliding all the way down the outlet. iv ordered a new one of off ehobby.

will this sort it???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Galaxy MP7 = Peice of sh1t, though I'm working on mine.

If you're not a techie/DIY person then chuck it in the bin.

ok iv stripped the m4 and wiht the hepl of mech box.com i stripped the mech box.when opened i noticed the tappet plate was all the way back and i had to give it a good push to get it forward.

the air nozzle is smooth till it gets half way down the air outlet than seems to get stuck and holds the tappet plate back.

im assuming this should be smooth sliding all the way down the outlet. iv ordered a new one of off ehobby.

will this sort it???

Probably, either the cylinder head nozzle or the bb loading nozzle is warped, causing the sticking, have a look in side the loading nozzle, is it smooth?

Motosam wrote: »
    Probably, either the cylinder head nozzle or the bb loading nozzle is warped, causing the sticking, have a look in side the loading nozzle, is it smooth?

yeah the loading nozzle is nice and smooth but the air nozzle is getting stuck i was manaully moving it when i had the mechbox out and it getscaught half way down and wont budge!!!

Galaxy MP7 = Peice of sh1t, though I'm working on mine.

If you're not a techie/DIY person then chuck it in the bin.

ah i gave up on my mp7 long ago its more for show now

ok the M4 is back in action......

the air nozzle that slide back and forth with the tappet plate was the problem, it kept getting stuck half way bown the air outlet. put on a new one and now its good as new!:D:D

stripped down the mp7 AGAIN and having one final look at it so fingers cross...

stripped down the mp7 AGAIN and having one final look at it so fingers cross...

After re-attaching the wires on the gearbox I'm now left with the trigger unit shorting it again. I'm gonna split the casing and have a look when I get a chance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

jeez you lot really aint having any luck with those MP7s huh., mine is still working perfectly without a hicup.,
    i might be looking for parts in the near future though so ill probably need to buy all your broken ones lads.,lol

After re-attaching the wires on the gearbox I'm now left with the trigger unit shorting it again. I'm gonna split the casing and have a look when I get a chance.

exact same problem with mine lethal.....

the positive wire snapped off the mototr and the trigger unit shorts out.....im just in the process of putting my gear box back together and than gonna have a look in to the trigger unit so if you find anything will you let me know?

• Advertisement

exact same problem with mine lethal.....

the positive wire snapped off the mototr and the trigger unit shorts out.....im just in the process of putting my gear box back together and than gonna have a look in to the trigger unit so if you find anything will you let me know?

Sure thing.

Tip: If the wires come off the motor an easy way of reattaching them is small screws. Screw one right into the contact then solder direct to that:D

Advertisement