Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accommodation

Options
  • 02-02-2008 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

thinking of applying for accommodation now, might be going to WIT next year. can anyone tell me which place is nicest? manor village or college fields, and are there others, and which is best?
    Just looking for a single room and a place where it'll be easy enough to make friends with neighbours. :) thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Itll be easy make friends in Manor Village, but the place is a hole anyway. Freezing rooms, constant inspections, unfair fines, fair old distance from the college....the list goes on. Terrible place from my experience, probably contributed to me transferring colleges. But everyone has their own opinion, just htought Id share with you mine.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Archimedes wrote: »
    Itll be easy make friends in Manor Village, but the place is a hole anyway. Freezing rooms, constant inspections, unfair fines, fair old distance from the college....the list goes on. Terrible place from my experience, probably contributed to me transferring colleges. But everyone has their own opinion, just htought Id share with you mine.

There was a topic discussing issues with Manor, its a place not many people seem to like. In my own personal opinion, I never liked the place. I never lived there, but was a regular visitor. I gave out about the place here before and made a comment regarding security - I ended up getting banned by security for my comments.

All the posters and the website make it out to be really comfortable, really clean and excellent furniture. Its far from it - that's an opinion formed from my visits to the place. The website is a great example: http://www.witstudentservices.com/accommodation_services.php

Not sure about College Fields, I never have met anybody that lived there. The above website has more info.

Most students are living in houses - like Templers Hall or Lismore Park. Also, Railway Square has some excellent apartments. Friend of mine lived there, really liked the place. Seems to get good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I have a friend living in College Fields. It seems to be decent enough. The rooms are big enough and the kitchen/sitting room is a decent size too. I haven't heard any complaints about the place. The only problem really, is that there isn't as many spaces as there is in Manor or Riverwalk.

Advertisement