Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BE civee steyr

Options
  • 02-02-2008 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

i have an ould both eliphant black steyr aug (civee) that i got for €60 hanging about the house from a while back. about a week after i got it the pellets would just about leave the end of the barrel and the battery life isnt mutch at all. i know these guns are dirt but is there any way i could try and get it goin as a project gun with out spending alot :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

c-90 wrote: »
    i know these guns are dirt but is there any way i could try and get it goin as a project gun with out spending alot :)

Yes, there is......

Get a box of matches and set the thing on fire, it will keep you warm, and give you light whilst you go online to order yourself a decent AUG :p (sorry, couldnt resist).

Seriously though, I'd imagine you'd get a civvie or military JG AUG for the same price as without the hassle of having to get a new gear box, battery etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

lol i do i hava jg millitary aug. i have a lot of time on my hands so wanted to do sumting with it to make it worth burning:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Is that one of the dw2.ie aegs?

If so burn it and tell people not to buy from them ever again, spread the good word.

KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Its only worth repairing as a tester for yourself, get used to opening up gearboxes etc., but the parts are probably sh1te so dont buy anything better to replace them with as the cost wont be worth it on that yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Motosam wrote: »
    If so burn it and tell people not to buy from them ever again, spread the good word.

KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Hear hear!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

same type but i didnt get off those ejits got it off ebay from some german lad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

c-90 wrote: »
    same type but i didnt get off those ejits got it off ebay from some german lad

Good man, dw charge 120 plus for that I think.

Its worth fixing for your own satisfaction and to get experience, hell you could even get it to be worth scirmishing, but that would be more as an experience than a logical move, it wouldnt be worth it resale value wise as no one would want it! :D

I suppose its up to you, do what you want, you've a Jing gong anyway!

Advertisement