Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Prius-Too quiet?

Options
  • 02-02-2008 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

I was walking out of a garage the other night..walking across the forecourt,towards my car..tbh I was in a kinda dream world,thinking about work stuff,when I got a beep from my left. I had walked right out in front of a prius....the thing was deathly quiet...i never even heard it.

has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

yeah john gormly ( who lives behind me ) nearly killed me before on his bike... though he gets lifts in them and they are rather dangerous. !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Don't worry about it. If you are hit by a Prius running on electric only, you will only feel a slight tingle like tipping your tongue off a 9v battery. You may or may not decide to join Greenpeace soon after and sponsor a dolphin. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭prodigal_son

The drivers of that car do seem to pay extra attention to pedestrians though, which is good.

If your typical honda was as quiet you would be dead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

In fairness, if you're walking in a daze across a petrol station forecourt some would say you deserve to get a wallop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Tazwas

Clytus wrote: »
    I was walking out of a garage the other night..walking across the forecourt,towards my car..tbh I was in a kinda dream world,thinking about work stuff,when I got a beep from my left. I had walked right out in front of a prius....the thing was deathly quiet...i never even heard it.

i know how you feel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Clytus wrote: »

yesterday morning, in the car park in college. I was watching a car in front of me, never heard the one behind me.
    it's a little unnerving, but they do tend to drive slowly - I wonder how often they have pedestrians not noticing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

perhaps it's a candidate for the next batmobile? With all this sneaking up on things...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

JHMEG wrote: »
    In fairness, if you're walking in a daze across a petrol station forecourt some would say you deserve to get a wallop.

Lol, I think I'd have to agree with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Prius' are evil.
    First wrecking the planet and now knocking folk down!

Ban them I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

perhaps it's a candidate for the next batmobile? With all this sneaking up on things...

YES!!

I do agree they are a bit quiet.. Also, sitting at traffic lights with radio off, a/c off - and engine off. It's a bit weird, especially if you are with someone you don't know well. Sitting there in a weirdddd silence....

They go well though - very fast - was surprised!

When they get the batteries sorted, will eventually invest in one perhaps.

And then i'll creep up behind unsuspecting people on their bikes... a quick tap to their rear wheel and they're off. :)

They'll never blame it on the responsible Prius driver..!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Hers your choices.
    • Petrol - Global warming end of the world
    • Ethenol - Starve the 3rd world
    • Electricity - Poison East aisia with battery acid + Kill a few pedestrians
    • Bio Desal - Nice Crunchy takeaway chips + Starve the 3rd world
    • Pedestrian/Cyclist. Get killed by some mis-guided Prius driver

You just cant win these days.

Advertisement