Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where can I buy an American Football?

• 02-02-2008 10:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭

Hi there...

Like the title says, I'd like to buy an American football, and not one of those mini ones that most Sports shops seem to have. Is there anywhere to get one in Dublin / Kildare? Or do I have to go online to find one? Thanks...

J.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

jasonb wrote: »
    Hi there...

Like the title says, I'd like to buy an American football, and not one of those mini ones that most Sports shops seem to have. Is there anywhere to get one in Dublin / Kildare? Or do I have to go online to find one? Thanks...

J.

I think Elverys sport would be your best option, failing that you could try the web.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I thought Argos had em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Wow... That's two quick replies, thanks!

I tried Elverys, though it was in Bray cos I was there today, and they only had the mini ones. I don't know if they have them in their main store in Dublin.

Never though of Argos, but I've checked the website and they only have the mini one too...

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭decies

i bought my wilson one on the nasn shop website online ok.
    it will arrive deflated ,so i went to elverys and they pumbed it up for me .
    its good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Grandstand sports in Dun Laoighre have decent full sized ones, Wilson and Nike.

Failing that? Barnett sports, Forelle ( both Europe ) Or FootballAmerica.com are the Best cheapest online options excluding eBay.

• Advertisement

Did you go with the offical one ( something like €70 ) or the next one, which they say is 'tackified' for easier grip? It looks like neither are in stock til next month anyhow. Seems to be a busy time for them, is there a big game on or something? :)

J.

Grandstand in Dun Laoghaire? I'll check them out, thanks! :)

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Wilson ones probably the best. Don't kick em too much if you want them to last

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Lewe

argos have them i picked one up yesterday to bring to practice..it was 15 euro and is full sized....OP..would u be interested in playing football for a full contact for a team in the irish american football league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Yea Grandstand in Dunlaoighre have them its in the shopping centre near Golden Discs and there is a very big new Elverys beside there as well that might have them :D

• Advertisement

To be honest it's something I have considered, though it would probably involve me giving up my current American sport ( Softball ).

That said, I really don't know if I'd be any good or what position I'd play. I'm 6'1", about 200 pounds and fairly sporty ( and I mean fairly! ) but I've never played American football, contact or flag and I'd be a complete newbie...

J.

P.S. thanks for the Argos call, I'll try them and see if they have them, their website only has the mini one, but it's good to know they've the standard size one too... Argos would be closer to me than Grandstand, but I'll go there if Argos don't have any. I'm really just looking to have one to throw around a bit with a few mates...
    Lewe wrote: »
    argos have them i picked one up yesterday to bring to practice..it was 15 euro and is full sized....OP..would u be interested in playing football for a full contact for a team in the irish american football league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Depending on where in Kildare you are the Nike Outlet store in "Kildare village" sells Nike branded footballs, full size for about €20 I think.

Otherwise everywhere else has been covered above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Lewe

Well if ya wanna give playing a shot the tallaght outlaws train every sunday at 12 in the playing fields of in the grounds of the national basketball arena inn tallaght.Come along and try out if you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Argos the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 The sports guy

Does anyone know if there is anywhere in Cork where you can get one???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

got a Wilson one in Lifestyle before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 The sports guy

Nice:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Ya Argos have em' and you can get decent ones on Ebay cheap but a lot of local sports shops will have one or two.

As far as I can tell, normal Argos stores don't have them, but Argos Extra stores do have them.

I went to Argos in Tallaght yesterday evening and was told the ball would have to be ordered as it was an 'Extra' item.

So if you're going to Argos to get a ball, make sure it's an Argos Extra store...

I haven't found any in Lifestyle, JJB or Marathon / Champion. I'll just go to an Argos Extra store tomorrow...

J.

P.S. In fact, I've just tried Argos Online, and none of the Extra Stores near me seem to have them in Stock. I guess I'll have to buy one in the Nike Store in Kildare...

• Advertisement

Well, Nike Outlet doesn't have any and neither do Elverys apparently. This is getting to be a bit of a joke...

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Last time I was in the Nike Outlet they had baskets full of them!! Must be cause football season is over now :(

Well, I finally got one, Argos in Liffey Valley had one, though it took them about 15 mins to find it! I'd better look after this one, I'd hate to have to get another! :)

J.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Got one in Argos extra Liffey Valley today, they had 3 left, 14 euro is great value for

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

the large lifestyle sports over in the blanch centre have them also they sell some jerseys but not many only giants,jets,dolphins and red skins jerseys which has been driving ne crazy because i have been trying to get my hands on a colts jersey for a while now can't find one anywere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Indie18 wrote: »
    the large lifestyle sports over in the blanch centre have them also they sell some jerseys but not many only giants,jets,dolphins and red skins jerseys which has been driving ne crazy because i have been trying to get my hands on a colts jersey for a while now can't find one anywere

I might be able to help you out what name and size you looking for and do you have paypal?

I might be able to help you out what name and size you looking for and do you have paypal?

suppose just manning 18 i think my da has a paypal account setup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Indie18 wrote: »
    suppose just manning 18 i think my da has a paypal account setup

what size? I will ask a pal of mine over here he sells them.

what size? I will ask a pal of mine over here he sells them.

it's cool mate i only found out over the weekend a friend of my mams has a sister in the states she is gonna get one sent over for me but thanks anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement