Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

steve hughes

Options
  • 02-02-2008 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭

saw this man in crawdaddy last thursday and was just one of the best gigs i have ever seen in my life! he is the closest living thing to bill hicks and he is histerically funny throughout! anyone else at the gig? or seen him before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Saw him doing Full Mooners a while back, telling jokes AND playing drums at the same time. That was some performance! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

The man is talented and does have his own style - so why is he trying to be Bill Hicks? Apart from anything else, Bill Hicks has been done! I went to see him in Galway and got confused at one point in his act as to what I was watching - thought I was at some university political debate and started to tune out. He is very strong otherwise, both in terms of material and delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

topper75 wrote: »
    - so why is he trying to be Bill Hicks?

he is not tryin to be bill hicks, thats just his style, his angry political debate but at the same time is histerically funny. even when he is not on those topics he is brilliant: "in the uk ur gay if you wear an ear-ring in your right ear....."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

angry political debate

I don't recall any 'debate' per se - just a liberalist anti-US diatribe from Steve himself. I totally agree with you - outside of that he is a very funny and talented comedian. If he steers his act away from the politics he will go much further.

Advertisement