Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to buy white drinking chocolate?

• 02-02-2008 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Well, is it?

I've seen these powders online but they're only available if you live in the US. Does anyone know if I can get white chocolate powder (or maybe syrup) in Ireland? Or if not, somewhere that stocks it and ships to Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

I know that Gloria Jeans definitely used to, and probably still do, sell tubs of white hot chocolate powder. There's 2 in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 brianwilliams82

Thanks. I see there's one in Dublin city centre too. I'll have a gander during the week. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yeah, you definitely can. Like kaki said, try Gloria Jeans. Other places like that will often have them. Try asking in a coffee shop that sells it, where they get their powder/syrup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

just be careful.

some of the stuff out there is just cheap attempts and taste nothing like hot white chocolate should taste like.

try a few different ones and find the one thats right for you

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

could you make it yourself by melting Milky bar and mixing it into milk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Beerlao wrote: »
    could you make it yourself by melting Milky bar and mixing it into milk?

Yep, this is how I make drinking chocolate (except the milky bar part). Don't really understand why people buy the powder. Cadburys buttons are best for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

Starbucks in Canada and the U.S. do gourgeous white chocolate.

However, I have asked for it a few times here, and I think the order gets lost in translation (not too many Irish people seem to work in the Starbucks over here) and I always end up with some white mocha crap. Short answer, I don't think they have it here, which is a pity.

Must try that milky bar trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Almost positive Acova ( 11-13 Suffolk Street, ) here in Dublin sell it, there's no Gloria Jeans coffee places up here.

CC

Advertisement