Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Devin Townsend - Synchestra

• 02-02-2008 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

2102_large.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchestra

Without a doubt, one of the best albums of recent years, in my humble opinion, is Devin Townsend's absolutely stunning Synchestra. You can listen to one of my favourites songs from the album here, (Ignore the video though) but to really appreciate the album you have to listen to it in full, because as it says in the wikipedia article, all the songs just flow into each other and compliment each other perfectly. It's just amazing, so I'd really recommend the album.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i may take some heat for this, but of all of devy-wevy poo's albums, this is my favourite. it's hard to take one song out and tell people to go download it, as the song will be taken out of context from the album.

as a piece of music, it's written flawlessly. as a piece of lyrical prowess, it would make even mike patton sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

2102_large.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchestra

Without a doubt, one of the best albums of recent years, in my humble opinion, is Devin Townsend's absolutely stunning Synchestra. You can listen to one of my favourites songs from the album here, (Ignore the video though) but to really appreciate the album you have to listen to it in full, because as it says in the wikipedia article, all the songs just flow into each other and compliment each other perfectly. It's just amazing, so I'd really recommend the album.

+1

It's an album that needs to be listened to in one sitting to really take it in. Always reminds me of Porcupine Tree in places, but that is not a bad comparison to have made to be honest.

Synchestra is prob my fave album that Townsend has done/been involved with, the next being Vai's Sex And Religion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

I only got into Mr. Townsend recently ( I actually think it was you lot mentioning his name on a thread that made me look him up), And this would definitely be one of best, alongside Ocean Machine imo, and probably my favourite musician I've gotten into in recent years,
    So, thanks for the life enriching music guys!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I don't think Devin gets half the appreciation he deserves. The man is a genius beyond equal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Ziltoid

Ha, I'm obsessed with this guy! Ocean Machine is probably his best though. Physicist is the only album I can't get into but I've read that he's dissappointed with how it turned out so it's all good. He said he'd probably have a new album this year! I can't wait. I'd love to find a singer like him in Dublin to write with.
    I'd probably put Synchestra after Ocean Machine, Terria, Ziltoid and maybe Infinty but it's still fricken' amazing!

• Advertisement
Advertisement