Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lights Out

Options
  • 03-02-2008 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure this has probably been done before but fook it;

I'm just after pulling in home having driven back from Limerick. The amount of people with fooked up headlights is unreal. I counted 7 cars in a row that passed me with something wrong with the front lamps. This is even leaving the whole front fogs issue.

Another little incident that happened was when I was driving down a street in one of the towns on the way home, some tit had their full beams on, will I or won't I flash him to let him know, I said no I won't. And lucky I didn't as who did it turn out to be only the fooking cops.

The worlds in a terrible state o' chassis I tells ya :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

I here you mate, notice it myself.

Always, get my front ones replaced asap.

Tesco, still have that 20% off on car care, which includes lights !! something like 1.50 for the two not bad really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

HIDs FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I've been noticing it a lot lately too. What particularly surprises me is the number of taxis with only one headlight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I misremember where or who, but someone said a while ago that approximately 5% of the vehicles on Irish roads have faulty front lights.
    That's 1 in 20.
    I wasn't inclined to believe that it could be so high, until I started counting them.
    It's true!

Try it yourself sometime, count the good lights you meet until you meet a faulty one. It averages at least 5%.

And I'm not talking about counting misused fog lights or undipped main beams here, just one of a pair of lights missing (parking/head/dip/spot/fog/whatever) or grossly misaligned headlights.

This is the sort of thing the Traffic Corps should be chasing up, in my opinion.

Advertisement