Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Headlight Bulb and stuff

Options
  • 03-02-2008 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

Since christmas,including tonight,I have had to replace a headlight bulbs 3 times.I've lost count how many times I did it last year. Although I do mostly night driving,I would expect to get at least 3 months from a bulb. The problem,I think,is that the suspension on my Rodeus is too hard.A fifth gear test drive a couple of years back said it was set up suspension wise for a full load,7 people and luggage which I don't always have in the car. Even though the vast majority of my driving is around dublin,basically,most roads in dublin are full of potholes or in the process of being dug up and the car seems to be banging constantly over crap ground,with the result my bulbs are being blown willy nilly. Some here may poo poo that idea,that the roads are responsible,but I can think of nothing else.It's not a short,because usually full beam still works and both lights are affected at different times. Someone mentioned to me a while back that a contraption,usually used on caravans,that is inflated around the suspension (I'm not sure how it works tbh)would probably work on my car,softening the suspension and ride and hopefully saving me a few quid on bulbs. any thoughts,anyone tried these suspension thingys(sorry,I dont know what they are called) or is anyone even familar with them and have a name for them and possibly where to get them?

Advertisement