Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deus Ex: Invisible War

• 03-02-2008 4:17am
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

The original PC version of Deus Ex is one of my most beloved games.
    However I heard the second one was pants, so I'm not sure whether I want to go near it.
    Anyway I was browsing that new gamenash.ie site that was mentioned in bargain alerts and saw they had the xbox Deus Ex:IW for 5.99.
    Is it worth it at all?

(It'll probably be sold anyway before I get to it)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Sheridan

It's not exactly pants. It's not a patch on the original but there are enough resonances there to make it an enjoyable experience. The world and plot isn't nearly as rich but some parts of the game do have that unique DX atmosphere. I say go for it. It's still better than most FPS/RPG games on the market.

They're supposedly developing a third installment in Montreal currently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I really enjoyed invisible war, thought it had a great story. Only played a bit of the original so I can't really compare them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Loved the original. I got the 2nd one on release and I never bothered completing it. It may have been because it was on the Xbox. Might see if I can get the PC/Mac version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

The most disappointing sequel I've ever played (closely followed by Knights of the Old Republic 2). It would have been judged far more favourably had it not been a Deus Ex game. It takes everything that made the original great and removes or simplifies them to a degree that feels like a betrayal of the original concept.

For 5 euro it's worth a playthrough, just remember it's nothing like the original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

It's not on the 360 backwards compatible list though! I found it at a similar price two years ago, thinking it'd be added eventually. Still waiting...

Of course, if you've got an Xbox, it's not a problem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

deus ex 2 was dumbed down for consoles, so if you're playing on a xbox you'll have fun.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Mr. K wrote: »
    It's not on the 360 backwards compatible list though! I found it at a similar price two years ago, thinking it'd be added eventually. Still waiting...

Of course, if you've got an Xbox, it's not a problem!

Well that's that.
    I don't have an original xbox, just a 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Wait, wait! If you get it, I won't be the only one waiting any more...nah, you're probably right not to bother.

Advertisement