Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Call Of Duty 4 Highskill Irish Clan Forming.

• 03-02-2008 5:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭

Myself and another player have decided to try and step it up to the next level of CoD4 gaming and try and take it big. We need 3 active Irish players for our squad. If you're interested, Xfire me at:
    drakai
    I'm online 24/7 usually.

We're Psychic.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jmckabe

Im new to online gaming,serious problems with gettin broadband in my area,can u use xfire on the ps3,if so very interested in joining,im at level 30 after 20hours,cant get enough of it only problem is getting the time 2play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I would guess that the OP is looking for PC players, otherwise s/he may very well have posted in the playstation forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

lol :D

I think random is talking about the PC version of the game.. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

i play everyday.. i'd be interested in playing.

I've a 3MB connection and my PC is built for gaming/graphics so i've got the power ;)

I'm not on xfire tho.. never used it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭randomcountdown

NeVeR wrote: »
    i play everyday.. i'd be interested in playing.

I've a 3MB connection and my PC is built for gaming/graphics so i've got the power ;)

I'm not on xfire tho.. never used it.

Maybe. Get Xfire and talk to me. Mix with us a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

How do you define "High Skill" ??

Also, is this to be an Irish only COD4 clan..as in an Irish Team ??

Will it be playing in leagues eDom,Clandle,CB?

Will there be website, server, vent/teamspeak ?

Will the main gametype be standard/hardcore, s&d/sabotage ?

Where do you normally play so ppl can play alongside yous and see if theyd be interested ?

SeantheMan wrote: »
    How do you define "High Skill" ??

Also, is this to be an Irish only COD4 clan..as in an Irish Team ??

Will it be playing in leagues eDom,Clandle,CB?

Will there be website, server, vent/teamspeak ?

Will the main gametype be standard/hardcore, s&d/sabotage ?

Where do you normally play so ppl can play alongside yous and see if theyd be interested ?

High Skill = You're high skill at the game, simple concept.
    It's an Irish only team.
    Leagues are just practice. ED and CB basically.
    Yes.
    Nobody plays hardcore. Nobody plays sabotage.
    Message me on xfire, mix with us a bit, we'll see.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Best of luck as long as you dont turn into a bunch of cocky fvcks with huge ego's

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Best of luck as long as you dont turn into a bunch of cocky fvcks with huge ego's

Like Animate?
    j/k :P

oh its on now.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im loving your clans webbie kamikazi,very nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

[...]
    [...]
    LOL So true! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Hardcore is by far the best gametype :)

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Hardcore is by far the best gametype :)

So you won't be playing with us then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Yeah hardcore is just terrible.

Have you got a server? TS/Vent?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

No offence but your talking rubbish there.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

Will this team be playing cod4 default mode or on hardcore aswell?
    i think default sucks so i definately dont want to play on a default team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

awhir wrote: »
    pyro you got xfire ? if so what is it:cool:

tis n8zpyro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

Pyro are you playing with them on public server?

who ? Stheno ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

Pyr0 wrote: »
    who ? Stheno ?

you,stheno and ramaa. is it closed session or everybody can come and play?

Ah right ! l3on is a mate of mine, t'was invite only i'm afraid !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

did he actually say no one plays hardcore? lol. imoHardcore is by far superior, suppose the only real difference between the two changing from hardcore to standard is you get a hud and more health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

WTF who is deleting posts, and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Legion

May as well just delete the whole thread tbh.

WTF who is deleting posts, and why?
    I am. If he wants to create a clan and call it a "High Skill Clan" he's entitled to do so. He never said he was a high skilled player and yet he's getting abuse. I don't want this thread to turn into an e-Cock Size Comparison.

Thank you for your understanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

There's only one e-cock in this thread and I'm not sure why, as mod, you've chosen to defend it...

He wasn't getting abuse if anything he was bordering on that himself,as usual.

Wouldnt be the first time seeing he has been banned from boards twice already.

Seifer wrote:
    There's only one e-cock in this thread and I'm not sure why, as mod, you've chosen to defend it...
    Legion wrote:
    Wouldnt be the first time seeing he has been banned from boards twice already.
    Guys, I'm just trying to be fair here. The OP wants to create an Irish clan and he wants it to be a High Skill Clan. Who are we to judge him? AFAIC, the OP has done nothing wrong and has remained composed through all the hassle some people have given him. I don't care if he's been banned twice before. He's done nothing wrong IMO so he stays and the abusive posts will remain deleted.

• Advertisement

Guys, I'm just trying to be fair here. The OP wants to create an Irish clan and he wants it to be a High Skill Clan. Who are we to judge him? AFAIC, the OP has done nothing wrong and has remained composed through all the hassle some people have given him. I don't care if he's been banned twice before. He's done nothing wrong IMO so he stays and the abusive posts will remain deleted.

I didn't see any abuse in the posts you deleted.

If your going to be fair delete every other post here bar the one that started the thread.What you have now is a thread littered with nonsensical posts.

Legion wrote: »
    I didn't see any abuse in the posts you deleted.

If your going to be fair delete every other post here bar the one that started the thread.What you have now is a thread littered with nonsensical posts.
    Thank you for your feedback but I think the way it is now is just fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

How where the posts abusive? I've played on the same server with him, and he isn't high skill. That's all I was saying, nothing more and nothing else.

And you are entitled to your opinion TheHairyFairy! Just stop spoiling his thread! You have no interest in his team so stop posting these kinds of things please!

Thank you!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

ummm...
    randomcountdown is actually a pretty darn decent CoD player
    in fact he is a v.good general gamer.

he picked up a game like Quake 4 extremely quickly and became quite good at it with limited DM experience. he had his movement down (with no prior quake experience) and had a good shot too. doing that in a game with an incredibly high skill curve is a very hard thing to do, and to push quality DM'rs like Dardoz (who has 8 years of DM experience) in 1v1 with such a limited amount of time donate that hes a good player in general (anyone wanna take him on at starcraft can be my guest :) ). btw the movement in Q4 is a PIG compared to the Q3 as there is a lot more factors involved (crouch sliding and different acceleration rates and ramp jumps etc.)

He also knows quite a lot about the competitive scene and "esports" in general and wat makes good teams etc. so I wouldnt discount his opinion and ability cos he gets his knickers twisted on boards more then the odd time :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Jazzy wrote: »
    ummm...
    randomcountdown is actually a pretty darn decent CoD player
    in fact he is a v.good general gamer.

Random? Is one of your player names on the cod4 multiplayer server simply 'random' if so I am a better player although your are pretty damn good.I think it was 24/7 HC or somethin similar.

• Advertisement

pirelli wrote: »
    Random? Is one of your player names on the cod4 multiplayer server simply 'random' if so I am a better player although your are pretty damn good.I think it was 24/7 HC or somethin similar.

Dont think so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

so is this clan going to happen or not??

I have COD4. I haven't done the multiplayer bit yet but I just know I'm going to be sh1t hot at it !!! I'm talking some serious high skillz here! :D

DonalN wrote: »
    so is this clan going to happen or not??

Nope, Drakai and his mate are now playing for Animate

pirelli wrote: »

no.
    And yes we're playing for Animate. I really wanted to get an Irish clan going but the community isn't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭johnp23

Id be interested Im Level 55 with Two golden guns play about 3 hours everyday if not more

• Advertisement

johnp23 wrote: »
    Id be interested Im Level 55 with Two golden guns play about 3 hours everyday if not more

This is a high skilled player, no offence but anyone new to the game probably isnt even low skilled.

Bear in mind those frags were made against other high skilled teams.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

This is a high skilled player, no offence but anyone new to the game probably isnt even low skilled.

Is this streamed or anything anywhere? Can't install divx here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

I can't even see what he's doing, let alone ever hope to play like that. That video must be sped up right after the frag, otherwise that guy is wired directly to his PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Yeah it is sped up, half the shots he makes in that are flukey as hell though.

Right kids, I'm sick of getting e-mails and PMs about this thread so it goes bye bye

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement