Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M3 Zenon Problem

Options
  • 03-02-2008 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I recently got a 05 M3.

When I switch the lights on, the zenons usually self adjust upwards to the optimum level for driving. However in the last few days, they will not adjust. They stay pointing downwards which is a pain in the ass as I cannot see anymore than 10\15 ft in front of the car at night when on dims.

I have read the owners manual and it just says that the headlight adjustment is looked after by the car (Dynamic Headlight Adjustment). I cannot manually adjust them.

Anyway not to bore anyone but any idea is this a big and more importantly expensive :( job to put right at the dealers garage??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Did you buy private or from a dealer ?

It sounds like it could be something surprisingly minor with a bit luck. Just for the hell of it, get your manual out and see if there's a fuse for the light adjusment that might be gone. If not diagnostics might do the trick finding out if some sensor or motor is faulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 markdoy

Thanks ms, I bought private in the north and registered her in South. Yeah Il have a look for a fuse for that.

Thanks

M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 markdoy

Just realised Zenons should be spelled xenons!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Have you changed the springs/suspension?, cause if you have the self leveler could have been broken as it's only made of plastic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

NBar wrote: »
    Have you changed the springs/suspension?, cause if you have the self leveler could have been broken as it's only made of plastic

Exact same thing happened to mine - check the drivers side front arch.
    If you're greeted with the same sight at the picture below, you need a new adjuster.

adjuster.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

What kdevitt said. The leveller attaches to the drivers side wishbone... did you hit anything hard, or have anything suspension wise changed lately? Very easy to break, tis just plastic

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

you could always put some weight in the boot until you get it fixed so you can see at night.

Advertisement