Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superbowl Total Points

• 03-02-2008 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,396 ✭✭✭✭

Points marker is set at 55 with PP. Now, I'm not going to pretend to be an NFL expert but I do watch occassionally and I think this seems a tad high. Is 10/11 under 55 points a decent bet? Input from NFL fans and gamblers appreciated.

I am currently thinking of backing the Giants plus 12 @ 10/11 (most bookies seem to be agreed on this though Ladbrokes go 12.5). Sticking with Will Hill as I am going for a treble with Newcastle- Boro draw at 23/10 and France -4 at evens. If anyone else fancies this treble Will Hill is best available for total of 11.6/1.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

Collie D wrote: »
    Points marker is set at 55 with PP. Now, I'm not going to pretend to be an NFL expert but I do watch occassionally and I think this seems a tad high. Is 10/11 under 55 points a decent bet? Input from NFL fans and gamblers appreciated.

I am currently thinking of backing the Giants plus 12 @ 10/11 (most bookies seem to be agreed on this though Ladbrokes go 12.5). Sticking with Will Hill as I am going for a treble with Newcastle- Boro draw at 23/10 and France -4 at evens. If anyone else fancies this treble Will Hill is best available for total of 11.6/1.

the last time they played there was 73 points scored, and that was outdoors in december in new york. this is arizona, in february, and the roof will be closed if there's a hint of rain. not so sure i'd go with the under to be honest....

i like tom brady for MVP though. difficult to see any other Pariot getting it. and on bet fair i've taken the patriots at -6,5 and the giants at +18,5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,396 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Cheers for the input, fatgav. I ended up sticking with my original choice of NY +12 trebled with Newcastle Boro draw which has already come up and France -4 which is looking safe enough with scores currently 6-20 with 26 mins remaining and neither team looing like doing anything special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Yeah i see nothing wrong with NY+12 presuming Plaxico Burress is fit to play.

I'm going with a small bet on Benjamin Watson to score the first touchdown at 10/1. I can see some big Giants pass rushes if the Pats get the ball near the end zone first. I can see Brady just dumping the ball of to the TE to negate a big rush and to make sure they get some points on the board early. Those Pats are tricky that way.

I'm in two minds who i want to win. I like the Giants but would also like to see the perfect season. Late night ahead anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

2 bets for me on this......
    €25 on over 53.5 points @ 1.97
    €25 on NY giants +12.5 @ 1.94

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Don't have a clue about this but as I watch the build up one thing has struck me:

How much I hate Americans and their bullshlt!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Forky wrote: »
    How much I hate Americans and their bullshlt!!

How cringe worthy was it when it showed all the knob heads in Iraq standing still for the anthem??

Whats with the f*cking ads during the game??????

And did he say Tom Petty is half time entertainment?

I like Tom Petty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Forky wrote: »
    Whats with the f*cking ads during the game??????

And did he say Tom Petty is half time entertainment?

I like Tom Petty.

Welcome to the nfl. Stop watching tv3

Welcome to the nfl. Stop watching tv3

I'm not im watching sky sports.

Seriously though I never realised there was so much standing around in any field sport! Is it to give Americans time to go get food or what?

Anyways im away to bed.

Best of luck with the bets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Giants causing a major upset here. Can't believe I bottled throwing a tenner on them when they were behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

i got the over/under wrong. sorry.

No one predicted the giants defence playing as well as they did. I was stunned. dropped a few quid overall but i loved the game and and am so tired today but so overjoyed at one of the best sporting events i've ever seen. apologies for my bad input, hope u enjoyed the game as much as i did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Quite a surprise alright. I'm pissed off that i mentioned that Celtic Bookmakers where going 5/1 about the Giants for a while last week in a separate thread then didn't bother to back the thing.

Brings back the old story. A horse wins a race and one guy turns to the other and says, "I was going to back that!". The other guy turns around unsympathetic and says, "So? Who stopped you? The police?"

Though extra annoyed about my first touchdown scorer bet on Watson. He would of caught the first if that pass interference didn't happen. Damn it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Giants were 7.5 in the 4th quarter on betfair after NE scored.

Advertisement