Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parking Problem with Multiple Cars associated with single rental propertyin an estate

• 03-02-2008 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi,

We have a rental property next to us in a largely residential area with all six rooms rented out. Each tenant has a car and there is parking outside the house for one car/van and one more in the driveway. Thus the other 4 vehicles are thrown around the estate every night. In addition to the unsightly presence of large transit vans, the large traffic volumes pose a risk to young children. Is there any obligation on local authorities or any state organisation to put pressure on landlords to limit the number of vehicles surrounding a house or is the policy to mazimise cash for the landlords no matter what the impact is on residents. It sounds like you can buy a couple of parking spaces in an estate and use the 'Queens Highway' for the rest of your paying tenants and to hell with the residents in the area. I'm sure this is pretty common across the country? Any input?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭rameire

are they parking on the footpaths, or blocking the road or peoples driveways, if not, ur just whinging, they have a right to park anywhere in the estate once they are considerate. they could have a thousand cars, and it wouldnt matter.
    Do you moan to the other residents in the estate about driving around on the roads, thats what the roads are there for.
    They could even Park a truck in the driveway and you couldnt do anything about it.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 minibob

In most countries around the world landlords need to purchase parking spaces when investing in property. In that case it may not be so lucrative to purchase a property and pay for six associated parking places. The whole integration of rental with residential properties is also planned for in advance. I'm glad to hear that Rameire is supportive of the half arsed Irish planning system and horsing cars/vans wherever we want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭MrVostro

minibob wrote: »
    It sounds like you can buy a couple of parking spaces in an estate and use the 'Queens Highway' for the rest of your paying tenants and to hell with the residents in the area.

Not exactly.
    Anyone can park in any estate they like as long as they are not parked on a double yellow, footpath etc. They dont even have to live there and they can still park there.

There is nothing you can do apart from get your local council to bring in pay parking for everyone in your estate.

Im sure the council would be happy to. They love nothing better than an excuse to charge people money.

Then your visitors etc will have to pay for parking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 minibob

Thanks MrVostro for the feedback. It sounds like I'll bite my lip like many thousands more across the country or else move out the country:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭rameire

there is another option, make your estate a gated estate. make it private.
    i suppose it depends on the size, but might be an option.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭cushtac

rameire wrote: »
    there is another option, make your estate a gated estate. make it private.
    i suppose it depends on the size, but might be an option.

Surely even if the estate is private the occupants of the house in question would be entitled to park in it.

Advertisement