Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sonic The Hedgehog

• 03-02-2008 2:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

I was up in Dublin after the christmas, so I decided to treat myself and get a few games. I got Sonic and Crash. I went home and started to play Crash on the xbox, I loved it when I was younger. But anyway I opened sonic a few days later, and I personally think the game is rubbish. The storyline was very bad and the cameras were so frustrating. I was very dissapointed with it. What did anyone else think?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    I was up in Dublin after the christmas, so I decided to treat myself and get a few games. I got Sonic and Crash. I went home and started to play Crash on the xbox, I loved it when I was younger. But anyway I opened sonic a few days later, and I personally think the game is rubbish. The storyline was very bad and the cameras were so frustrating. I was very dissapointed with it. What did anyone else think?
    All the new sonics have been crap, gone downhill ever since they made it 3D, same goes for Worms games :D

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Depends which version of Sonic was it.

I loved sonic when i was younger.

But I could not stand Sonic Rush Adventure (for DS)

It just wrecked my head so i traded it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Duffff-Man wrote: »

The only decent 3d sonic game released recently was Sonic and the secret rings on the Wii, and even that wasn't great.
    Sonic the hedgehog is supposed to be a major turkey:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Developers think that moving with the times means fùcking with classics. Sonic is a 2d game tbh. Same with some of the 3d versions of street fighter that have come out, cack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I thought Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 on the Dreamcast were pretty good. But it's gone really bad since then.

Played the demo of Sonic the Hedgehog on the 360. It was pretty horrific.

Oh... love this bit from last weeks episode of The Simpsons:

sonic.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Only played the demo but it was easily the worst 360 game I've played to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Anyone want to buy it? :p

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Download the orginal Sonic from Xbox live.
    It improves on the original Megadrive version in that you can save anywhere, rather than having to go through it all on one go.
    The achievments are also well thought out, expect to have to know the game fairly well before you get 200/200 GPs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I thought Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 on the Dreamcast were pretty good. But it's gone really bad since then.

Both those games were pure class. Haven't played a sonic game since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

I have to say I thought the original sonic games(mega drive) were brilliant and the 3d I played was a bit of a cop out I remember playing one but I cannot remember for the life of me on what platform I played it (sadly I never played any of the dreamcast games).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I still have Sonic for my Master System!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Vyse wrote: »
    Both those games were pure class. Haven't played a sonic game since.

Cool im going to download it in a couple of minutes so. I loved the older version. Just have to see how many gamer points I have first :)

Advertisement