Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stan on Sky today.

• 03-02-2008 2:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭

Steve Stauntons going to be doing commentry on Fulham game today on Sky Sports News. Should be interseting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Can't wait to hear his tactical analysis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I was gonna watch this game. Ill have the sound off for the 90 mins now.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

GBX wrote: »
    I was gonna watch this game. Ill have the sound off for the 90 mins now.

No need to, I would assume he is watching the match in the studio of Sky Sports News and not doing the commentary of the match itself for Sky Sports 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

riveting stuff:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

pd101 wrote: »
    riveting stuff:rolleyes:

Your the one who felt the need to post about this ****e in the first place.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

I dont hear any Steve Staunton commentating on this game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

He's not commentating on the game he's in the SSN's studio keeping everyone up to date. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

tdv wrote: »
    He's not commentating on the game he's in the SSN's studio keeping everyone up to date. :)

He is the gaffer you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

I could imagine it now...

Well, the boy Bullard, he proved to be a right banana skin for Villa, so he did. Hughes' own goal - to be fair, you can't legislate for that. He didn't have a scooby-doo where the ball was going

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

He is going to be the new Assistant Manager of Leeds. Kill me now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Kingp35 wrote: »
    He is going to be the new Assistant Manager of Leeds. Kill me now.

Really?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah. he was at training with the team today and the club have sent around an official text. can't believe it tbh. Worst appointment ever made!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Leeds are poised to name Steve Staunton as assistant manager to Gary McAllister.

The former Republic of Ireland boss will meet the Leeds squad at Thorp Arch with a view to being confirmed as McAllister’s number two at Elland Road.

Staunton, who won 102 international caps for the Republic, will team up with McAllister after the pair worked together at Coventry.

The former Liverpool, Aston Villa and Coventry full-back joined the Sky Blues as a player when McAllister was manager in August 2003.

Staunton was appointed successor to Brian Kerr as Republic coach in January 2006, but was sacked the following October following an unsuccessful Euro 2008 qualifying campaign.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/mheyqlmhqlkf/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Yeah. he was at training with the team today and the club have sent around an official text. can't believe it tbh. Worst appointment ever made!

:D They are really ****ed now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

did anyone else actually see him talking about the fulham game?it was hilarious,he just looked ahead with a blank stare and talked rubbish at an unbelievably slow pace,asked about tiger woods afterwards he replied something like "yes,hes the best" i was in stitches

Advertisement