Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest and best way to electrically make a pot of coffee

Options
  • 03-02-2008 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

I had to throw in "electrically" there just because of the manual pour over drip approach that I wouldn't be too keen on from Khannies thread.

Currently I have a basic Braun electric pour over filter coffee maker. Its convenient and fast and keeps the coffee warm once its made. My wife and I have different work times so whoever is up first grinds the beans and makes the coffee and then coffee is made once the next person gets up. Plus its nice when friends are over to be able to make a full pot of coffee for everyone. So i'm not looking for a solution that just makes one cup at a time.

If I was to stick with using an electric pour over filter coffee maker, should I upgrade to a better one? Or are they all pretty much the same?

All advice appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Bob in Belfast

I don't drink coffee very often but my other half does.
    She usually drinks instant but instead of stirring with a spoon she uses her
    vibrator to stir the coffee.
    She seems to really like it, she says it gives her coffee a 'good head' on it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

lol, wth! :D when I said "electrically" I didn't mean that kind of "electrically" *sheesh*

anyelse got recommendations for a good pour over filter coffee machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I don't know much about Braun drip filter machines. Krups make some good ones and some not so good ones. Bunn are about the best, but can be hard to get a hold of. Technivorm are also excellent but very expensive. Some Capresso models have gotten excellent reviews.
    The things to look for are adequate brew temperature (should be about 200F), and a decent dispersion screen to adequately wet all the coffee. If there's a warming plate - is it run from the same thermal source as that to heat the water for brewing? If so then generally either the hot plate will be too hot or the brew water will be too cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I am using the Philips Senseo, instead of using their own expensive pads I use refilllible pods that I top up with ground coffee of my choice. It brews in seconds.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Senseo-Reusable-Refillable-Coffee-Pods-BNSIB-Eco-friend_W0QQitemZ120220340106QQihZ002QQcategoryZ20671QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.senseo.com/content/default.html Would put it about 7 out of 10, coffee from the senseo is cooler and is alott milder than using the alumiunium percolator but 100% up on any instant coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Interesting. How do you find the coffee from it? Give us a mark out of 10 for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

hahahahahahhahaha

Advertisement