Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT Question and Rear wipers on saloons

Options
  • 03-02-2008 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭

Two unconnected question.

What's the story with VRT on aftermarket additions to a car, such as adding a built in phone kit, or GPS, or alloys, or any of the number of things that can be done.

If you were going to buy a Polo for example, and you chose it without alloys, and then went and installed them 4 months later, does this aftermarket addition include VRT? Surely there would be a substantial saving in doing a lot of these things aftermarket if that was the case.

Why no rear wipers on saloons? Do they not get wet, rendering the rear mirror useless?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

on new cars, the VRT is decided on what factory options are on the car. each model has a statistical code, and the OMSP of this particular model is linked to this code. the value of factory extras is entered by the garage, e.g. metallic.
    Things like alloys etc. that are fitted after the car is registered aren't subject to VRT.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭port

Rear wipers would be helpful on a saloon car,especially to clear melted snow.I'm sure theres a practical reason why they are not on saloons.Anybody know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the rear wiper discussion has been discussed here before

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055135267&highlight=saloon+wiper

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭port

colm_mcm wrote: »
    the rear wiper discussion has been discussed here before

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055135267&highlight=saloon+wiper
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

'sfunny this comes up, today, going into B&Q, I was behind a 92 Ford Orion (remember those...?!) Ghia.........with a rear wiper. At first I thought it looked like a DIY job..........maybe not !

Inclusion of rear wiper could mean - poor design, i.e, it needs it.......
    Omission could mean - it doesn't need it, or, poor design , i.e. it'll ruin the look of it e.g. my TT. And it does need one ! My old 911 had one - bloody handy.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
Advertisement