Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Antara, getting my new one tomorrow! :)

Options
  • 03-02-2008 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭

Im collecting it tomorrow at 12 noon. I wanted a 4 X 4 and initally was going to get a Pajero, but there is a 3.2 litre engine in all the new models now and i do too much KM's per year and not enough "heavy" work to warrent it in my opinion.

I looked at all the other small 4 x 4's and SUV's and of every model i seen i finally choosen the Antara, with a 2.0 l turbo D engine, automatic 4 X 4 and really really comfortable drive with a generous amount of extras as standard it is the best value for money

Im getting the commercial version with a tow bar. Im trading in my 2007 opel combo with 45km and getting the Antara for €20 000.

20060905-2007-opel-antara-front.jpg20060510-opel-antara-suv-crossover-int.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Good luck with that snyper.I sat into a vw tiguan a few days ago and the antara deffo has the nicer interior.Probably nicer looking than tiguan as well IiMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Good luck with that snyper.I sat into a vw tiguan a few days ago and the antara deffo has the nicer interior.Probably nicer looking than tiguan as well IiMO.

Yea, the Tigan does not come in a commercial as far as i know and its smaller than the antara.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Nice bus indeed - Enjoy it!

DWMRT have one that we use for a rapid response role (AED, trauma kit and medics on scene as quick as possible, while the Landrover and Transit play catch up) that's been sponsored by Airside Opel. It's been used in anger already on a callout last weekend and has surprised a few people by how capable it is compared to other 'softroaders'....

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Looks nice buddy, the colour in the pic is nice, is that same colour as your?

The cabin looks very comfy and thoughtfully laid out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Oh really?
    I was just about to comment on how the interior looked more "VW" (in a good way) than the purely functional interiors on most Opels.

First pic I found on Google:
    tiguan5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

nice car best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I've always been a fan of vag cars but never the tiguan.I just think that the tiguan feels too much like a golf plus on stilts and to be fair the interior is almost completely golf-plus.And another thing, why hav'nt vw put the new common rail 2.0 tdi in the new tiguan???They put it in the new A4 which costs the same???

Edit: matt simis that isnt the first pic you found on google bcos you just changed it

0L_trim_large_0PW.jpg

Slate blue :)

Im actually getting a stiffy now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭MarkN

snyper wrote: »

Jesus man you need to go looking at a few Porsches/Ferraris/Lambos.

audi Q7 or a Range rover set on 22's..

that would do it!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

About a vehicle that is actually a re-badged Daewoo? Jesus...

I've always been a fan of vag cars but never the tiguan.I just think that the tiguan feels too much like a golf plus on stilts and to be fair the interior is almost completely golf-plus.And another thing, why hav'nt vw put the new common rail 2.0 tdi in the new tiguan???They put it in the new A4 which costs the same???

Edit: matt simis that isnt the first pic you found on google bcos you just changed it

Maybe the 2.0 TDI is too large? Doesnt meet the low emission targets on the Tiguan? The A4 has nothing to do with the Tiguan.. no relevance to its engines here.
    It has got the Turbo + Super charged 1.4L petrol, which is quite uncommon (vs other marques).

We saw the "tiger stripe" painted promo Tiguan in Park Motors window today, looks like a little Touareg, absolutely nothing like a Golf Plus in the metal.

I edited the post as the original image was from the US concept car (no VW badge on steering column), this is the first actual production Tiguan interior shot I found. So there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

Nice one enjoy her brother i think i remember you mentioning it before when i remarked it looked like an M Class. Take good care of her.......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I never liked that centre console layout of the latest Opels and was hoping they would have moved away from it on the Antara to give it a fighting chance as its already on the backfoot. I think they've missed the boat here to move on a bit

Best of luck with it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

sorry to p1ss on your parade but I drove the top spec version of the Antara last year, had all the trimmings etc. €54000 jobbie and was very disappointed.

Didn't handle well in corners (even slowly) and didn't really feel very powerful at all.

Hope you enjoy it more than I did!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Max_Damage wrote: »
    About a vehicle that is actually a re-badged Daewoo? Jesus...

My Mam is considering the Antara. Please explain this comment in more depth, I'd be interested to know Daewoos contribution...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I thought it was based on the Chevrolet Captiva?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

slumped wrote: »
    Didn't handle well in corners (even slowly) and didn't really feel very powerful at all.

People who drive a 4x4 and expect them to handle well, even slowly, always surprise me.

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I thought it was based on the Chevrolet Captiva?

Chevrolet in Europe is Daewoo...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I think it looks very nice, deffor the Antara has the nicer interior !

In was going to stop by Opel and take a look, just for curiosity but I would be most interested to hear about the Chevy/Daewoo version too, I hadn't realised they had their own version out. Any prices ?

• Advertisement

MercMad wrote: »
    In was going to stop by Opel and take a look, just for curiosity but I would be most interested to hear about the Chevy/Daewoo version too, I hadn't realised they had their own version out. Any prices ?

Prices? Of course, presuming it is shared with the Captiva (I didnt post that), "Chevrolet" have been whoring the life out of the Captiva for the last 6mths:
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=749980

33 to 39k for a 2007 model, upto 50k for some of the 2008 specs (50k seems way OTT).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Had one for a 24hr test drive and was impressed by its looks. Diesel is seriously missing a sixth gear though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Plan_D

GM/Opel = Antara
    Chevrolet = Captiva.
    Daewoo = Winstorm

Daewoo (GMDAT) are just a production factory for GM now really, bar being a brand in Korea still. They do Suzuki too and a few on the American GM brands. Saturn etc.

GM sell the Saturn/opel roadster in Korea under the Daewoo G2X.
    It is becoming a common enough practise. I think 3 or4 companies share the Peugot 4x4 platform too. Can't for the life of me remember who.

Its not a rebadged Cpativa.

Its a different body almost completely, yes made in the same factory, but ive seen the captiva and its not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭coolbeans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 OPEL PARTS GREE

Im collecting it tomorrow at 12 noon. I wanted a 4 X 4 and initally was going to get a Pajero, but there is a 3.2 litre engine in all the new models now and i do too much KM's per year and not enough "heavy" work to warrent it in my opinion.

I looked at all the other small 4 x 4's and SUV's and of every model i seen i finally choosen the Antara, with a 2.0 l turbo D engine, automatic 4 X 4 and really really comfortable drive with a generous amount of extras as standard it is the best value for money

Im getting the commercial version with a tow bar. Im trading in my 2007 opel combo with 45km and getting the Antara for €20 000.

20060905-2007-opel-antara-front.jpg20060510-opel-antara-suv-crossover-int.jpg

I've got my in Cosmo edition with Xenon at total 36600 euros

coolbeans wrote: »

From the Wikki you posted.. which is my simple point :p
    However, it has a different exterior and interior design, along with different exterior dimensions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

"However, it has a different exterior and interior design, along with different exterior dimensions " just about sums it up. Had one for 2 days and I thought it was fantastic. There's too much crap around about re-badged this and thats. It's a stand alone model and a bloody nice one at that. Enjoy it and safe motoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

opels now a days are like what deawoo's where in the early 90's....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

Plan_D wrote: »
    GM/Opel = Antara
    Chevrolet = Captiva.
    Daewoo = Winstorm

Daewoo (GMDAT) are just a production factory for GM now really, bar being a brand in Korea still. They do Suzuki too and a few on the American GM brands. Saturn etc.

GM sell the Saturn/opel roadster in Korea under the Daewoo G2X.
    It is becoming a common enough practise. I think 3 or4 companies share the Peugot 4x4 platform too. Can't for the life of me remember who.

The Peugeot 4x4 is actually the new Mitsubishi (Outlander I think), also sold by Citreon. Naff no matter what badge it's wearing.

Advertisement