Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best decaf coffee!

Options
  • 03-02-2008 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering, what is the best decaff coffee (ground if poss) that is decaffinated using the swiss water method, rather than the horrible chemical process?

Cheers!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

I've just been instructed by my doctor to give up caffeine. So I need to find a decent coffee to use in a stove top coffee maker. I've been drinking Ariosa decaf beans (from Fallon and Byrne) and it is fine as long as I put loads of hot milk into it. But I taste a bitterness when I make an americano style coffee. I also notice that there is no lovely coffee smell when you are brewing it.

Also what is the best decaf tea?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭leahcim

I drink bewleys decaff when I drink an espresso late in the evening.
    I personally think the bewleys decaf bean makes better coffee than many non decaf beans I have bought.

I use an espresso machine and have not tasted coffee made with this bean made with a frenceh press or stove top.

Advertisement