Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Banged Up?

• 03-02-2008 4:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

Got well into that banged up abroad thing on TV3 over the last few weeks. Just wondering have any boards heads been in the slammer for a night or two?. Obviously don't want to know the crime, just wondering if its as scary as they make out on the tv and that...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Here_Young_Wan

Been in the cells down the garda station a few times when I was a kid and got arrested for stupid things, never properly locked up. Its scary the first time when you are really young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

There was someone that posted a thread on here before about being done for assault, I think his name was Dublindude? He got locked up for a few months.

I've been held overnight in Garda barracks cells a few times, the last time was about 18 months ago and the garda staying overnight in the station faced the telly down the corridor at my cell turned up the volume to full and left the hatch on the cell door open, he went down the shop and picked me up a couple of bottles of coke and a snickers and smokes aswell, I thought that was pretty cool of him, actually went a huge way towards changing my attitude towards the Gardai.

Spent a total of about 6 months in Cloverhill aswell, that was a complete fukking nightmare, no steady drug supply so all the junkies are either vomiting and sh1ting all over themselves or out of thier minds crazy and aggressive, full of people that clearly have serious psychological conditions and have no business being held anywhere other than a hospital, not to mention all the refugees and asylum seekers that seem to keep coming in without any of them ever leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

slipss wrote: »
    There was someone that posted a thread on here before about being done for assault, I think his name was Dublindude? He got locked up for a few months.

I've been held overnight in Garda barracks cells a few times, the last time was about 18 months ago and the garda staying overnight in the station faced the telly down the corridor at my cell turned up the volume to full and left the hatch on the cell door open, he went down the shop and picked me up a couple of bottles of coke and a snickers and smokes aswell, I thought that was pretty cool of him, actually went a huge way towards changing my attitude towards the Gardai.

Spent a total of about 6 months in Cloverhill aswell, that was a complete fukking nightmare, no steady drug supply so all the junkies are either vomiting and sh1ting all over themselves or out of thier minds crazy and aggressive, full of people that clearly have serious psychological conditions and have no business being held anywhere other than a hospital, not to mention all the refugees and asylum seekers that seem to keep coming in without any of them ever leaving.

Thats some pretty mental stuff right there, obviously they aren't designed to be nice places and that though was it easy time?. Was it really strict like, could you have done a legger easily enough?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

slipss wrote: »

A freind of mine about a year ago went on a mad one. He was going to kill a lad with a knief. 3 squad cars and a paddy wagen and about 10 gaurds went after him. When they finally caught him they bet him and left him a right off. So they fcuked him in the cells bollock naked and left him there. He was telling me there was one sound guard who looked after him and gave him tea and few fags. Though he's getting locked up and he's only 18 now so bad start to life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Plug wrote: »
    A freind of mine about a year ago went on a mad one. He was going to kill a lad with a knief. 3 squad cars and a paddy wagen and about 10 gaurds went after him. When they finally caught him they bet him and left him a right off. So they fcuked him in the cells bollock naked and left him there. He was telling me there was one sound guard who looked after him and gave him tea and few fags. Though he's getting locked up and he's only 18 now so bad start to life.

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

One of my mates is in the army and he was saying that at the time of the riots in Landsdowne road when Ireland where playing England, the cops had to call in the army to round up the English lads causing hassle. They basically threw the English lads into the joy for the night but put 1 English lad per cell with 5-6 Irish lads where they got buggered and beaten all night. Mental...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

buggery isnt a way of life in irish prisons..thats american territory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Feelgood wrote: »
    One of my mates is in the army and he was saying that at the time of the riots in Landsdowne road when Ireland where playing England, the cops had to call in the army to round up the English lads causing hassle. They basically threw the English lads into the joy for the night but put 1 English lad per cell with 5-6 Irish lads where they got buggered and beaten all night. Mental...

If that's true (which I doubt) it's outrageous. It's not up to the gardai to decide anyone's guilt. What if they'd put a few of the wrong guys into that situation?

I agree with slipss, too. I remember meeting a load of prisoners through work, and thinking that they were psychologically ill, and that prison was only gonna screw them up further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Picked up a mate a few years ago from a garda station for being drunk and disorderly (few hours in the pen). he gave a bit of lip and got a kicking. Knowing him he probably deserved it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

ejmaztec wrote: »
    :eek:
    I mean't they throw him in there:D lol good one!

Advertisement