Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital video editing help

• 03-02-2008 4:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

I have about 20 minutes worth of mpeg footage recorded on a digital camera that I need to edit and put on to a dvd as seperate scenes etc... First of all does anyone know of any free software that I can use to edit the video, like the audio editing software audacity for example (but for video). I need to be able to cut, copy, paste on the timeline, and also have control over the colour gain etc... I've never edited video before (obviously) but I've editied audio a lot so I should figure out the software once I get it.

Secondly, if i was to decide to get this work done in a studio how much should I expect to pay. I'd be looking for a budget studio like all those demo recording studios that are around for bands (except for video not audio); A few hours worth of editing, at the most, and leave with the finished files as data on a dvd. I think a basic avid or final cut setup will do it.

Finally can anybody recommend a person/studio who could do this for me.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Windows Movie Maker will probably get the job done assuming you don't need anything fancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Snake Nose

QuadLeo wrote: »
    I have about 20 minutes worth of mpeg footage recorded on a digital camera that I need to edit and put on to a dvd as seperate scenes etc... First of all does anyone know of any free software that I can use to edit the video, like the audio editing software audacity for example (but for video). I need to be able to cut, copy, paste on the timeline, and also have control over the colour gain etc... I've never edited video before (obviously) but I've editied audio a lot so I should figure out the software once I get it.

Secondly, if i was to decide to get this work done in a studio how much should I expect to pay. I'd be looking for a budget studio like all those demo recording studios that are around for bands (except for video not audio); A few hours worth of editing, at the most, and leave with the finished files as data on a dvd. I think a basic avid or final cut setup will do it.

Finally can anybody recommend a person/studio who could do this for me.

Thanks
    PM me - I'm an editing God - so I can sort it for you! ;)

Advertisement