Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fake Summons

• 03-02-2008 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Are solicitors allowed to send a document that purports to be a summons to a debtor as a frightener to get them to pay up?

The reason I ask is my friend received what appeared to be a civil summons form a solicitor. The summons was not stamped, not signed by a district court clerk and not even dated. After making enquiries at the local DC office it appears that there is no record of any application being made to the DC for a summons.

Is this practice common? I assume that it is illegal to issue such documents that look like real legal papers in an effort to frighten someone?

Opinions please.

I am not looking for legal advice and any responses received will not be construed as legal advice.

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I think we need more cowbell and BOLD in the charter

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement