Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dimension 3000 Wont boot after replacing RAM

Options
  • 03-02-2008 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I got a bit of a problem.

My girlfriend replaced the ram in her computer last night when I wasn't there.
    When she powers on the computer it beeps (Im assuming is the motherboard) a few times.

The machine seems to be getting power etc and the hard drive is spinning up but the monitor light remains orange instead of green .....

Obviously I've checked the usual - all connections inside the computer, cables etc.

Can anyone help me out on this one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Same thing happened to me after I rebuilt my PC the other night after paint the inside of the case.. Everything starts up but windwos wont boot..

You can either try the cmos battery by taking it out for a minute and putting it back in or there should be 3 pins with a little jumper on two of them simply turn off the machine unplug it move the jumper from 2 pins to the other two(always staying on one pin) and then move it back after a couple of seconds..

Hope that makes sense :p

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Could she of put static through the ram by mistake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

The board beeping is whats known as a beep code.
    So many beeps means a particular thing .Like 3 beeps wrong ram ;)
    Goodluck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Conar

Sorry for asking the obvious but have you tried booting with the original RAM in again?

+1 for reset CMOS but its a long shot if your getting beep codes after swapping memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

yeah try the obvious thing first, and take out the new ram, try the old one. The ram she got could be too fast for her mobo to support.

• Advertisement
Advertisement