Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Two Beamers on Carzone, seem to be bargains.

Options
  • 03-02-2008 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭

€25k for an 04 330d with 50k - http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=698840

But especially this M3 - looks like incredible value. <Edit> I thought there was 50k odd on the M3 for some reason... but I see now the mileage is not listed. If something seems too good to be true - it usually is. </Edit>

What do yiz think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

€25k for an 04 330d with 50k - http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=698840

But especially this M3 - looks like incredible value.

What do yiz think?

Both would have crazy running costs, tax etc....

I'd go for a 320D...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

both look really nice motors to me. It depends what you really want, a diesel with the lower running costs but with decent grunt, or a powerful petrol convertible like the M3. If I wasnt doing huge mileage I would definitely go for the M3. The only thing is I think there were some probs with the original SMG gearboxes which they replaced with SMG2. I think this may have the original.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

That m3 is suspicious!! They say irish reg, but the front one defo looks foreign (basing it on no blue part for the reg for the eu symbol and the tax disk holder...)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Maybe thats why its relatively cheap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

The E46 M3 has red leather(BMW should never allow you to choose red for an interior) and doesn't have the original stereo, plus I'm told the SMG gearbox is terrible, so that could explain the cheapness of it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Nah, it has a UK tax disk - presumably it is sans VRT!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Feelgood wrote: »
    Both would have crazy running costs, tax etc....

I'd go for a 320D...

Naaaahhhhhh!!!!:p

There's more to life than achieving relatively good economy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

The 330d coupe is not top spec as stated........no leathers. Also, it'll struggle to do 50mpg as stated. I had a 3litre D Beamer and 40ish would be more realistic IMHO.

the M3, yeah, she's a uk car.........its less the VRT......Nasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 markdoy

Have a 05 M3, €1200 to tax her and i need a fuel truck following behind me. I seem to spend most of my time at the petrol station but its worht every penny..... I would say the price is low due to the running costs etc and also the M3 is not as easy to shift as most other cars.

Cant see it being a car I would keep for very long - unless the Euro millions goes my way this weekend !!!!!

Anyone see the new M3 on carzone for €115,000......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

No, actually- will look now.

I think they're releasing the new M3 with a 4 door option. I've always quite fancied the E36 M3 4 doors and I'm anxious to see one. Am I the only one who likes these??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 markdoy

I think the 4 dr is a beauty...

Heres the M3 for 115k

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=897416

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

The 330d coupe is not top spec as stated........no leathers. Also, it'll struggle to do 50mpg as stated. I had a 3litre D Beamer and 40ish would be more realistic IMHO.

the M3, yeah, she's a uk car.........its less the VRT......Nasty.

No leather and manual - in this class of car, that's a major faux-pas.......this may be one of those cars where, if I've looked it up right, has only 177g/CO2, which means after July you'll import one for a fraction of the price, and tax it for a fraction, too. If that's right, then this car is on a one-way trip to nowhere, sales wise............eur1400 tax vs eur430 tax ..........? no contest.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭seasam

E92 wrote: »
    The E46 M3 has red leather(BMW should never allow you to choose red for an interior) and doesn't have the original stereo, plus I'm told the SMG gearbox is terrible, so that could explain the cheapness of it?

I agree about the gearbox not the nicest to drive around town but the stereo in genuine it's the upgraded unit with tv & sat nav

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

E92 wrote: »

I would be wary of the very low mileage too (1 mile)....:D

TBH I don't think the red interior looks too bnad with a conservative exterior colour like black. Convertibles are all about show, nothing is more showy than a red leather interior!

Advertisement