Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite Broadband Equipment

Options
  • 03-02-2008 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

I've a 1m satellite dish and a Nera SatLink 1900 receiver box that was used for a satellite broadband system over a year ago. I'm eventually getting around to doing something with it now.

I want to check, before I take it down, is there anything I can use the equipment for? I've connected a Sky digibox to it and can get a signal but no channels, if I point the dish somewhere else could I use it for tv?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

The dish is probably pointing at another satellite; eg one that doesn't have Sky. A Sky digibox will only work when a dish is pointed at 28ºE.

It is quite possible that the dish is pointing at 19ºE, which is Astra 1. A list of channels are available here, but mostly European. If you had a FTA receiver like from Lidl, it would work.

Or move the dish to the right position and use a Sky box that way.

Maybe better for Satellite board?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You need to re-align the dish. It may need a regular LNB as a 2 way ODU may not be full Enhanced H/V and 22KHz bandswitching. Two way sat usually is fixed receiver polarisation.

Advertisement