Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real IRA claims that 'The War Is Back On'

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I remember a British Amry sargeant giving one of the Kennedys (He was trying to win Irish votes in the US by touring NI) a bit of advice that got welcomed by all parts of the community, I think the advice would apply to these guys as well.

The advice was "No-one wants you here, why don't you **** off".:)

These guys were probably bullied at school or have small penises, unless of course they are serious in which case they could be very dangeroues indeed.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭Riddle101

f**KING S**T stourers. Just when i thought everything was going grand up north, the Real IRA come out with this bulls**t. We don't need another War in the north

• Registered Users Posts: 83,239 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This is a comment that would have went down well in N.I. about thrity years ago. I think you might have been born just a little to late. The great freedom that the internet and boards like this provide is that we all have the right to air our views. You may agree or disagree with them but you may not censor them. I will fight that position till my dying days.

As long as you have reason: fire away :) too much political correctness might be a bad thing anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

The irish have a short memory..............:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

The irish have a short memory..............:confused:

By your statement, which sounds like it's from page one of the 'how to generalise' phrasebook, I can only assume that you have a serious problem with the Vikings? Or have they passed the required minimum memory period?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

The IRA is getting back to its roots. For a while in the North it was a semi-legimate body acting with a huge public support behind it in the North. But in reality, it's just a bunch of people who didn't want to give up violence after the Civil War, and the people involved now still don't.

Nonetheless, expect significant much more effective crackdowns on the Real IRA, simply because without public support, they'll find it a lot more difficult to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭duggie-89

SeanW wrote: »
    I saw this in one of the Sunday papers too.

>_< what a bunch of ****wits. There's no more mistreatment of the Northern Nationalist community, the troubles are over and everyones happy not only that the killings have stopped but that NI is starting to get an economy together and start making progress - with a government of Martin McGuiness and Ian Paisely sharing power no less.

I hope the PSNI can handle these dipsticks.

i am not a real supporter at all but lets look at the facts the nationalist community is getting mistreated because the last time i checked the majority of the nationalsit community that voted voted in favour of sinn fein a republican party and when ever the police force is getting its officers to lie to "beef up" their statements to put sean horey to jail!!!

also the great failures of the psni and ruc to actually recover the evidence shows they had no care at all.

look at MI5 increasing role in the north and you honestly support the psni in handling these pricks?? from the sound of it your would support internment.

i mean sean hoery was on remand for 3 full years!!!!

thats longer than alot of hoods get this weather!!!!

i have no confidence in the northern police at the moment.

but i think the rira are totaly misguided, they honestly expect to get popular support for an armed campaign by getting the brits back on the streets but if they did they would have no moral high ground because people will look to them for causeing it.

but i must also question the source of the article i find it hard to believe that if the rira were to stage some kind of fightback they would put it all over the papers first lol

passive wrote: »
    I think as part of our counteroffensive to these f*cktards we should kick all the chuckies off boards :).... plz? passing the majority of one's time in generic anti-brit thread #142938472 in the history & heritage forum saying "The IRA never killed any innocent civilians, and if they did it was justified." and "800 years of oppression" (without tongue in cheek) should be damned sufficient grounds for dismissal from our internets...

i think u shud get the F*** of the fourm then u snide sh.it

so are you saying that 800 years of foreign oppression doesn't justfy a war???

does the ends justfy the means in your opinion???

and passive before you start any dismissal maybe you should think you created the 26 counties??? the ira did so dont throw rocks in a green house!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

duggie-89 wrote: »
    Getting mighty tired of this 800 years stuff - it was at most 300 years.
    The ends rarely justifies the means.
    and passive before you start any dismissal maybe you should think you created the 26 counties???
    The Anglo-Irish Treaty of 1922.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

egan007 wrote: »
    By your statement, which sounds like it's from page one of the 'how to generalise' phrasebook, I can only assume that you have a serious problem with the Vikings? Or have they passed the required minimum memory period?

Interesting...

Well i still hold grudges against religion for the deaths its caused which streach back over a extremly long time period.

The vikings i have never held anything against them... or the germans but i dont think england has done enough to make up for all the pain/death it has caused throught its history.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

and passive before you start any dismissal maybe you should think you created the 26 counties??? the ira did so dont throw rocks in a green house!!!
    One more outburst like that will earn you a minimum of a month's ban from here. Read the charter carefully before you post again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

djpbarry wrote: »
    Getting mighty tired of this 800 years stuff - it was at most 300 years.
    The ends rarely justifies the means.

Well thanks a lot, djpbarry... Now I have no reply to give! :P
    duggie-89

so are you saying that 800 years of foreign oppression doesn't justify a war.
    (your "war" here being "blowing up children and disrupting attempts to resolve the complex present-day situation peacefully.")

No, I'm just saying that the 800 years figure is a retarded load of BS and that people whose view of history is so distorted and infantile (having been learned from Wolfe Tones songs) that they actually believe in such a ridiculous number are nothing but trolls and poisonous vermin who we shouldn't have to listen to. The tireless anti-Brit sentiment is straightforward racism, which we happily ban and, on the threads I was referencing, anyone who disagrees is called a "closet unionist" and other such f*cking ****, which is trolling, which we also happily ban. So no, for the good of our sanity and the "not 'Ra supporting" majority, I think you guys should be on a different forum... ideally posting from a different country... without a keyboard...

No, it doesn't. That's the whole point.

also, who's Sean Horey? google gave me nothing, but he was a pretty integral part of your argument about the evil PSNI.
    User45701
    or the germans but i dont think england has done enough to make up for all the pain/death it has caused throught its history.

Oh right... No, the holocaust doesn't matter... That didn't happen to my great grandad! The only evils in the world are the ones that directly affect me! (or..well... don't. But they would have if I'd been born a few generations ago! so England should pay for its crimes against humanity in empirical times!)

(edit: hmm... Wasn't this thread in AH originally? It was when I subscribed, I thought... Either way.. em... will tone it down in future inputs.. apologies to mods!)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Government of Ireland Act 1920 really, as it meant the North would not be subject to the conditions established for the remainder of the country during the treaty discussions in London.

User45701 wrote: »
    ...i dont think england has done enough to make up for all the pain/death it has caused throught its history.
    How much of that pain/death was caused by the present inhabitants of England?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

I dont support these guys in their so called war but I do think that as long as Britain has a claim on part of our country there will always be some form of armed resistance or whatever you want to call it. What sickens me if Sinn Fein people trying to wash their hands of militant republicanism as if they didnt get up to anything and because all of a sudden they dont think this is the way forward they condemn others.

That said the rira "war" will not achieve anything, its a kind of token resistance. Lets not forget that we as a nation still celebrate/commemorate militant republicanism of 1798, 1916 etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Well said Passive about that moronic 800 year crap which is trotted-out by numbskulls who know no better ~ 300 years is nearer the mark & even then we did pretty well within the Union when you check out our History in 'reality', from Dublin being the second City of Union & Empire to including the very Grand buildings all over the country, to the Tram system (created Pre-1922), to the Dublin Metro that was planned (Pre-1922), to our Theatres, Canals, Piers & Cathedrals ....... not bad for being under such 'awful oppression' and then in 1916 & 1922 we got rid of the awful oppressors from the island next door & we promptly went into a very steep decline for the best part of 80 years! . . . until we hooked-up with our New partner (Europe) which has carried on from where our previous oppressor/partner left off ~ Funding/building New roads, improving the infrastructure, and even planning a Metro system for Dublin! now where did I hear that before :).

Our 300 year rule from London wasnt "all" bad when you really think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Great post Arthur. But in 1922 we partially got rid of the oppressor.

Its gas but its usually the ones who shout loudest about "Brits out" are the very ones that speak their language, read their newspapers, watch their tv shows and shout for their football teams. Where is the logic ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

User45701 wrote: »
    Interesting...

Well i still hold grudges against religion for the deaths its caused which streach back over a extremly long time period.

The vikings i have never held anything against them... or the germans but i dont think england has done enough to make up for all the pain/death it has caused throught its history.

Religion is not a magical force that stops people living, Blaming religion is like blaming a smell and not the person for a bad fart. People kill people for many reasons. The British MAINLY (before I get a barrage) Killed for possession of Natural resources.

P.s. The Vikings raped and killed Irish women and Children.....The Germans killed 12 million people....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

I don't understand how you expect to be taken seriously when you trot out this knackered old horse, it's become a joke at this stage. There's barely anyone left alive from the time that Ireland was entirely under British rule, so this is irrelevant.

Justify the Omagh bombing for me.

Great post Arthur. But in 1922 we partially got rid of the oppressor.

Partial oppression? ~ But is it not the case that this island has been left to decide its own destination & future? and if the North wishes to remain British & within the Union then we must accept that (what oppressors)?

I dont accept that we partially got rid of our 'so called' oppressors, because there are none ~ unless of course you mean 'Unionists'?

• Advertisement

egan007 wrote: »
    The British MAINLY (before I get a barrage) Killed for possession of Natural resources.

Britain has commited a lot of crimes in it's past, not only against the irish but a great deal of other people, including it's own working classes, the Peterloo massacre for example.

People using force to increase the size of it's nation is wrong, but not if you are irish:rolleyes:

One thing you have to give republicans credit for, is the brilliant use of spin.

passive wrote: »
    (your "war" here being "blowing up children and disrupting attempts to resolve the complex present-day situation peacefully.")

No, I'm just saying that the 800 years figure is a retarded load of BS and that people whose view of history is so distorted and infantile (having been learned from Wolfe Tones songs) that they actually believe in such a ridiculous number are nothing but trolls and poisonous vermin who we shouldn't have to listen to. The tireless anti-Brit sentiment is straightforward racism, which we happily ban and, on the threads I was referencing, anyone who disagrees is called a "closet unionist" and other such f*cking ****, which is trolling, which we also happily ban. So no, for the good of our sanity and the "not 'Ra supporting" majority, I think you guys should be on a different forum... ideally posting from a different country... without a keyboard...

also, who's Sean Horey? google gave me nothing, but he was a pretty integral part of your argument about the evil PSNI.

ok firstly i believe that the war was part of the attempt to sort out the norths problems, and all civilian deaths are no way to win a war but no war cant be fought without civilain deaths dresden for example.

yes and i agree the whole claim to 800 years has been over played but my point still stands does being oppressed and occupied justfy a war????

and why should we get of this fourm???? what you sem to be implying is that because republicans are in the minority we should get off this fourm??? should all minoritys stay off this fourm???

sorry my spelling can be terrible at the best of times lol yes but it is a recent case where the police tried to set him up. look up the recent omagh trial.

but dont get me wrong i support the idea o policing but at the moment i am having trouble supporting the psni with its political style approach.

(point taken, i got carried away)

but dont get me wrong i support the idea o policing but at the moment i am having trouble supporting the psni with its political style approach.

the PSNI have a lot of issues to address and this trial was a perfect place to get some good PR for a job well done, however they ****ed the whole thing up.

It does annoy me though that people blame the PSNI for messing up the enquiry but there are a lot of people north and south of the border who know who commited this and are not coming forward with evidence. Surely they deserve some criticism?

Agreed fratton Fred, and sometimes one could be forgiven for thinking that the PSNI actually planted the Bomb themselves, such is the venom directed at them (instead of the perpetrators) of the atrocity.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

and why should we get of this fourm???? what you sem to be implying is that because republicans are in the minority we should get off this fourm??? should all minoritys stay off this fourm???
    It's up to the moderators who stays, and political leanings don't form part of the criteria. Back-seat moderation isn't welcome either - certain people please take note.

FruitLover wrote: »
    I don't understand how you expect to be taken seriously when you trot out this knackered old horse, it's become a joke at this stage. There's barely anyone left alive from the time that Ireland was entirely under British rule, so this is irrelevant.

Justify the Omagh bombing for me.

yes true there are very few left who remember british rule for all ireland but the north is still under british rule. so should we just talk about a persons life time???? if so we still have more than enough to blame them for and like wise alot of evil deeds have been done in the name of the 32 county republic.

do you honestly expect me to justfy the omagh bombing?????

because there is no way in hell i can, could or would just like i cant for enniskillen or kingsmill and other atrocties like dublin and monaghan

...but the north is still under british rule.
    Possibly because that's what the majority of the people in the North want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

ok firstly i believe that the war was part of the attempt to sort out the norths problems, and all civilian deaths are no way to win a war but no war cant be fought without civilain deaths dresden for example.

I really hate this argument because someone declares "war" that some how excuses blowing up civilians.

The nonsense of the IRA along the lines of Well we weren't aiming for them, they just kinda got in the way They got in the way because they were in the pub you blew up :mad:

The morality of an army is judged not in how much it claims to not be targeting civilians, but how it actually takes measures not to kill them.

And the IRA utterly failed in this regard. They didn't even try not to kill civilians, they just didn't give a sh*t, probably knowing that they can just use the old we are really sorry, but ah sure it's war, stuff happens excuse and all their supporters who go so true!

It is ridiculous.

If you blow up a pub trying to kill a few soldiers and end up killing 21 civilians, claiming you didn't mean to kill them you were just going after the soldiers is an utter disgrace.

If you genuinely don't want to kill civilians don't put bombs in crowed areas you know are fully of them

Possibly because that's what the majority of the people in the North want?

yes i agree ad that is why i dont agree with the rira cause we need to show the people of the north that their future is in a 32 county republic instead of blowing them into a republic for them to blow out of again.

and wicknight i do understand where you are coming from but i feel the problem is that it became extremly difficult to hit military targets all the time so the easier option was taken which cant be excused but i still feel the war is justfied!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

When people point to the oppression instigated by British rule throughout their Empire I wonder do they take into account that roughly a third of their army was Irish? Or is that ok because the orders came in a crisp upper class English accent. That excuse didn't work at Nuremberg.

Name any Irish rebellion and there is a pretty good chance Irish troops helped put it down.

Also in terms of a religious divide. Why on earth did some Irish nationalists tie themselves into Catholism. It was the Pope who gave Henry the legal right to conquer Ireland.

Back on topic though. This smacks of macho posturing. Real IRA indeed. This is the terrorists equivalent of a Z list celebrity getting her agent to release hot gossip about her. RIRA started as a spent force, devoid of public support and it's gone downhill since.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement