Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real IRA claims that 'The War Is Back On'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭TOMASJ

So, how does saying that terrorists were scum and I wish they'd been dealt with less gently glorify the British army? What does glorify even mean to you? It seems to mean "not display abject hatred of". Funnily enough, that's bollocks.
    Perceptions my dear fellow you have yours of my views, I have mine of yours or is that bollocks as well

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

No, perceptions have nothing whatsoever to do with whether what I said glorifies the British Army; the ability to read might. Now, tell me, how do you define "glorifying"? Because that's the crux of this. If I find you have some ridiculously incorrect definition, I can write off everything you've said here as being based on some language the rest of the thread isn't speaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

The BA were sent in to do a job which by and large they did professionally and competently. Soldiers are not trained to police in the main. It was a measure of last resort. The catholics in the IRA literally stabbed the soldiers in the back and the rest is history......

Curiously, what would people's position be if Unionists started a bombing campaign in the south, in an effort to gain total reunification, and the Irish army crushed them without thought? Or what would people have happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

TOMASJ wrote: »
    Here are a few rosey paintings of the brits

What is the matter with you?:mad:
    Wicknight wrote:
    The Irish Army tends not to invade countries to stop Loyalist marches

Since when are the Irish Army the British Army? Perhaps you can explain that one to me.

Also none of the other posts you quoted from me are even discussing the British Army, they are discussing the IRA bombing campagins. How is discussing the IRA bombing campaigns painting a rosey picture of the British Army?

I am so sick of your deceitful nonsense.
    Wicknight wrote: »
    If you have planes and tanks it is very doubtful that a Commander would be stupid enough to use terrorism, considering terrorism as a military tactic is very slow and most of the time doesn't even work. If the IRA had planes and tanks I seriously doubt they would be blowing up pubs and shopping centres. /quote]
    No I don't mean the Brits here I mean any army. I'm not even discussing the morality of using or not using terrorism, I am saying it is slow and doesn't work so it would never be used by an army that had other means, unless they were stupid.

More nonsense

• Advertisement

Wicknight wrote: »
    What is the matter with you?:mad:

Since when are the Irish Army the British Army? Perhaps you can explain that one to me.

Also none of the other posts you quoted from me are even discussing the British Army, they are discussing the IRA bombing campagins. How is discussing the IRA bombing campaigns painting a rosey picture of the British Army?

I am so sick of your deceitful nonsense.

No I don't mean the Brits here I mean any army. I'm not even discussing the morality of using or not using terrorism, I am saying it is slow and doesn't work so it would never be used by an army that had other means, unless they were stupid.

More nonsense
    Are you on the drink

To be honest, a lot of your posts are barely legible, you have openly admitted to only addressing the parts of posts you can answer and that you can twist to your own ends and you've taken a whole lot of other people's posts and proven you're incapable of reading English correctly, so a good question would be, what's wrong with you?

Are you on the drink
    I wouldn't blame him if he was. Tomas your posts have descended into incomprehensible trolling, with silly one liners like the above. You lose credibility with this and so your argument is weakened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Are you on the drink

Would that help?

Would that make me understand your posts?

Would that make me think that the "Irish Army" are the "British Army" ... :rolleyes:

No, perceptions have nothing whatsoever to do with whether what I said glorifies the British Army; the ability to read might. Now, tell me, how do you define "glorifying"? Because that's the crux of this. If I find you have some ridiculously incorrect definition, I can write off everything you've said here as being based on some language the rest of the thread isn't speaking.
    Conor Cruise' springs to mind,he claimed he was not a unionist
    All your posts concerning the occupied six county's, have a have an anti republican/nationalist tone, I have never read one critical post from you, that said the brits did anything but the right thing.

• Advertisement

Am I being ganged up on here' by what I can only describe as THE BORG from Star Trek, same thinking minds or maybe Or a flock of parrots. because the same post is being regurgitated and repeated over and over again, I suppose if makes you feel important keep at it someone somewhere might listen

So? I haven't taken a position on the British side. What is important to note though, is that the British were responsible for dealing with an armed insurrection on BRITISH SOIL. Had this been a case of Protestants fighting Muslims in London or Liverpool, I would expect them to crush it without mercy, and I would certainly expect no less in northern Ireland.

Anyway, to the dodged question: WHAT DO YOU DEFINE AS GLORIFYING? REPLY WITHOUT MENTIONING THE BRITISH ARMY OR SPECIFIC EXAMPLES.

This is the important thing to find out.

Am I being ganged up on here' by what I can only describe as THE BORG from Star Trek, same thinking minds or maybe Or a flock of parrots. because the same post is being regurgitated and repeated over and over again, I suppose if makes you feel important keep at it someone somewhere might listen

Good response, clever boy. Funnily enough, you're the one with people to convince. 94% of people in the Good Friday referendum take a hell of a lot of convincing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

So? I haven't taken a position on the British side. What is important to note though, is that the British were responsible for dealing with an armed insurrection on BRITISH SOIL. Had this been a case of Protestants fighting Muslims in London or Liverpool, I would expect them to crush it without mercy, and I would certainly expect no less in northern Ireland.

Just like you would expect the British to crush an armed insurrection on British soil in 1916 & 1919 - 1921?

Yes? Is that not perfectly explicit? They should have and did attempt to crush it without mercy. I asked already, if a Unionist bombing campaign began in the Republic to attempt to reunite the republic with great britain, what would you hyperactive nationalists want to happen? Would you not want to see them crushed in defence of Irish sovereignty?

I've already said why I think the armed campaign for independence was bollocks, repeatedly. Nobody has yet answered my questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

As an Irish Unionist, I am British (not English) I am Anti-PIRA & Anti-RIRA, I am Pro PSNI, Pro Garda, I am Pro Stormont, I am Pro Devolution & I agree with the 'Good Friday Agreement' when it says that Northern Ireland will remain within the UK for as long as the population living there wish ...... Nothing the so called 'Real IRA' or its apologists do or say (some of whome are actually on the this thread) will change that :mad:

Yes? Is that not perfectly explicit? They should have and did attempt to crush it without mercy. I asked already, if a Unionist bombing campaign began in the Republic to attempt to reunite the republic with great britain, what would you hyperactive nationalists want to happen? Would you not want to see them crushed in defence of Irish sovereignty?

I've already said why I think the armed campaign for independence was bollocks, repeatedly. Nobody has yet answered my questions.
    +1. The british in 1916 took perfectly normal actions, certainly for the day. The populace showed their feelings towards the rebels quite clearly. The government made a mistake in executing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

It's not really being "ganged up on".......but there are 2 viewpoints that most normal people will / should have, and it's not surprising that reasonable people are stunned when people don't agree..

1) Violence is not an option, especially when innocent people are targetted; it will, in fact, turn most people - even people who might otherwise have agreed with you - against you

2) Regardless of what any of us might think or hope for, over 90% of people have voted their opinion; whatever about marginal victories like FF or the abortion or divorce referenda, 90% is a phenomenal indication that people want violence to STOP. That means that the people who condone violence are going against most people and should be crushed with the full force of the law ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BORDER.

A small minority of criminals and violent people can NOT be allowed to overturn the wishes of the majority of people on this island....it's not acceptable for drug lords, and it's no different just because people put the word "republican" in their CV.....in fact, I'd view myself as a republican (in the proper meaning of the word, one that hasn't been dirtied by murder and crime), but I can't say it out loud for fear of being associated with murderers and terrorists, and I presume that I'm not alone in that regard.....

In fact, it's pretty ironic that SF/IRA not only hijack the "Oglaigh na hEireann" title, but they also hijack the Irish flag....y'know, the one that was designed to symbolise peace (white) between green and orange.....

Good response, clever boy. Funnily enough, you're the one with people to convince. 94% of people in the Good Friday referendum take a hell of a lot of convincinGood Fridayg.
    I voted for the Good Friday agreement' so I am one of them 94% that you are waffling about, So I do not need any convincing from the BORG, that at long last the Nationalist/ Republican people in the occupied six counties, are on the accent' just check the results of the last dozen elections in the North

By the way murphaph, still waiting on your answer as to why do you think I LIVE in the uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Can i just ask the people who are against a United Ireland(If there are some here) a question? I never fully understood this but why do you want to stay in Britain over the Rep Of Ireland. Not trying to start anything it's just what's Britain got to offer you that the Republic dosen't. Is it Loyality, Security, The way you were brought up, what?

By the way murphaph, still waiting on your answer as to why do you think I LIVE in the uk
    I don't believe I said you lived in the UK.

murphaph wrote: »
    I don't believe I said you lived in the UK.

Because ADIG and I are irish. I live in our home country and can complain at will about it. He lives in your country, the UK, so doesn't (IMO) have the same rights to complain as he is not british (AFAIK)-just like various Islamofascists have no right to complain about there being no Shariah law in Britain etc.

Funny how you automatically associate someone with an intense dislike of your paramilitary pals as a loyalist-again you misunderstand the silent majority of us in the south who ALWAYS abhored the PIRA campaign carried out in our name against our will.

Yes you did, more total gibberishicon10.gif

Yes you did, more total gibberishicon10.gif
    You're from Northern Ireland aren't you? That's the UK. I never said you lived there. I said HE lives there.

You're from Northern Ireland aren't you? That's the UK. I never said you lived there. I said HE lives there.
    Then tell me what makes you think that I LIVE in Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Riddle101 wrote: »
    ...what's Britain got to offer you that the Republic dosen't.
    Are you serious?

Can i just ask the people who are against a United Ireland(If there are some here) a question? I never fully understood this but why do you want to stay in Britain over the Rep Of Ireland. Not trying to start anything it's just what's Britain got to offer you that the Republic dosen't. Is it Loyality, Security, The way you were brought up, what?

Firstly, it's not about the wishes of those posting to remain in the UK, as I imagine quite a few are resident in the republic. It's about the north, and whether it should remain in the UK, which its people have voted to do for the time being, and which is not being recognised by militant scumbags.

Second, the British government can offer that economic drain more money and services than the republic can, so as far as I'm concerned, let them keep it. They got themselves into this position, so let them reap what they've sown. I want none of their economic problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Pathfinder

How about a free NHS, better roads, much cheaper road tax, a choice of secular or religious education for your kids, much more access to legal aid, better infrastructure/transport, less political neopotism/gombeenism ,being able to get divorced in a reasonable amount of time(should the need arise),to start with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭BostonFenian

djpbarry wrote: »
    Fair enough, I'll give another example; Kosovo. Do you support independence for Kosovo?

I do not.

• Advertisement

Pathfinder wrote: »
    How about a free NHS, better roads, much cheaper road tax, a choice of secular or religious education for your kids, much more access to legal aid, better infrastructure/transport, less political neopotism/gombeenism ,being able to get divorced in a reasonable amount of time(should the need arise),to start with.
    BETTER ROADS' your joking aren't you, the education is far from perfect SINN FINN is working on that at moment so soon that will be sorted, After they fix education they will sort out (Policing and Justice), the infrastructure/transport is only as good as the roads are, and if you drive anywhere west from Belfast you should know what a joke the roads are there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement