Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a season to remember

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

He has posted in threads that have no relevence to the Patriots about hating them.

Wow 16-0 thread, Giants Thread (which as everything to do with the patriots because they beat them in the superbowl !!!, The superbowl thread. Tallaghtoutlaws your the new who needs to find a new forum, that allows personal abuse, you couldnt take his strong point of view about the patriots and there lack of certain qualities.

So your team who've been beating every other team left right and center, they go to the superbowl lose. Westair has something to say about how they lost and why,and the manner in which they accpeted defeat. Does not the fact that after the superbowl you've resorted to name calling , does that not prove that your angry at westair?.

P.S When you read something he's written, stop, breath, count for 10 seconds then post :) . At least it will be 7 months before the majority of posting picks up , so you get a break :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭westair

P.S When you read something he's written, stop, breath, count for 10 seconds then post :) . At least it will be 7 months before the majority of posting picks up , so you get a break :p

Good advice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 magog

Tallaght try not to let the child rise you too much, some guy was banned last week for reacting to him, Kryogen i think it was......anyway, everone posting here should be able to see through his thinly veiled hatred and even though he claims to be "debating" and saying stuff for the "good of the game" and all that, we know what he is, a troll basically. but no mod seems to give a ****

can somebody not step in when he is just repeating things over and over again??

im almost getting angry myself thinking about some of his posts now!! lol, but look, people like him are everywhere in life, and the less attention they get the better i feel...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 magog

Wow 16-0 thread, Giants Thread (which as everything to do with the patriots because they beat them in the superbowl !!!, The superbowl thread. Tallaghtoutlaws your the new who needs to find a new forum, that allows personal abuse, you couldnt take his strong point of view about the patriots and there lack of certain qualities.

So your team who've been beating every other team left right and center, they go to the superbowl lose. Westair has something to say about how they lost and why,and the manner in which they accpeted defeat. Does not the fact that after the superbowl you've resorted to name calling , does that not prove that your angry at westair?.

you must be joking right? you think its just an isolated incident? how bout you learn something about the history before you make yourself look stupid by posting idiotic things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭Lothaar

TBH it looks to me, a casual poster, like some bitter Pats' fans are projecting their anger and getting very abusive towards anybody who has a pop at Belichick or the Patriots.

I don't see anything wrong with westair's comments, personally. What's the big deal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 zaphod_ie

Have to agree with Lothar. I can't see anything that bad in westairs comments. I don't necessarily agree with them. My only problem with Bill was the challenge for 12 men when a guy was running off the field. I was glad he lost it after that. I'm a bears fan and would have no real loyalty to either team but that swang me. After that i wanted Eli and the giants to win

Er... what was wrong with that challenge? The challenge was upheld and the Pats got a first down. Excellent call by Belichick.

That Giants player should have moved faster.

It was the a technicality though. the guy was not part of the play and it's not sporting.. wouldn't expect a Rebel to understand ;)

Nothing unsporting about it. They had 12 men on the pitch. The guy should have hustled off quicker or the Giants should have called a timeout. Peyton Manning, for one, is always catching teams on the hop by running a play while the other team is substituting.

It's the Superbowl, it's 4th Down. If the Giants can't get it together to get their return team on quickly, or call a timeout, then they deserve to be penalised. There is no grey area here - 12 men on the field is a penalty. As a Rebel, I understand THAT perfectly.

I'm curious: Why wouldn't you 'expect a Rebel to understand'?

Hey Lothaar,

I played a couple of seasons in the IAFL with the vikings and have to say that the one team that would want to win on technicality is the rebels. Most of the other teams show some sportsmanship during games as opposed to some of the rebels who always argue any penalty against them and would start.
    To be honest that was just a bit of a wind up ;)
    I don't mean the whole team, not you, not your brother, twerg, and a few others who were great support to us when we were starting up. Little pieces of advice that may have seemed like nothing but helped us a lot.
    I just found some of the others just came to start a fight rather than play. When they did play they just tried argue every single call in the game. Some of these guys have probably retired now. Can't even remember their names to be honest.. just remember one used always wear a beany rolled up when his helmet wasn't on.

• Advertisement

You'd be surprised at the amount of players in the league that argue every call. It does indeed seem like entire teams. In the Rebels' case, it is certainly not the whole team who does/did it.
    IMO every single team in the league moans and gripes about practically every play. I was sick last week and watched a few Sham Bowl DVDs... it was hilarious. The camera (and mic) was on the opponents' sideline. On literally every play, at least one voice (usually more) shouted 'Holding!!!' After a while, the voices would become high-pitched and crackly, from the sheer frustration that their pleas for a flag weren't being appeased.
    I paused and replayed some plays over and over and couldn't for the life of me see an infraction.
    This sort of thing happened in every game I've ever played, and it's not just holding... it could be anything. Actually, it's often really obscure, rarely-called penalties like "assisting the runner" that people shout for. It's gas.
    Anyway, I came to the conclusion that most Irish players like complaining.

I take umbrage to people implying that the Rebels are this or that. Fact is, ALL of the teams have players who do exactly the same things we're accused of. Actually, in my personal experience, we don't complain about technicalities NEARLY as much as other teams. Everybody probably thinks the same about their own team... which goes to show how your perspective can be skewed by bias.

And finally - we won the 2004 Shamrock Bowl, some would say, on a technicality. In fact, it was because the Knights had 12 men on the pitch (exactly the technicality you were talking about) when they kicked the go-ahead FG, which was nullified by the penalty. We were sickened, to a man, that the game ended that way. We couldn't really enjoy the victory, though deserved, and it still leaves a bitter taste in all our mouths. I know you were winding me up, but you're WAY off and we have personal experience of it. It's too close to the bone for a wind-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Ah yeah, every team in the league complains about this and that over the course of a game. Happens every game too, usually its complaints that a penalty was not called when it should have and the funny thing is that the arguments over it never lead anywhere. You can plead with the ref's until you are blue in the face but if there was no flag thrown originally well then tough luck it wasn't spotted - not to say it didn't happen though!

You might get some success talking to the ref's / other player though, as happened last year in our game against the Rebels. I remember Sunday blocked Ste Walsh below the waist about 10 yards downfield... the two of them had a back and forth with each other saying "you can" ... "you can't" which could have gone on all day but when they two of them got confirmation from the ref's that it wasn't allowed Sunday agreed not to do it again... at least thats what he said anyway!! And that's the closest to an apology you will get and all!

That being said though, I do enjoy an auld moan at the ref's.. I mean who doesn't? :D

Advertisement