Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car crash - convicition?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

Well this is true. i think he should have recieved a 6 month ban. these things are almost every week in District Courts in Ireland! The CP didn't injure anyone badly sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

DamoDLK wrote: »
    Well this is true. i think he should have recieved a 6 month ban. these things are almost every week in District Courts in Ireland! The CP didn't injure anyone badly sure?

Yeah suppose the justice system aint great if you can buy your way out of a driving ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 petawee

provided the vehicle does not belong to you,is not registerd to you or is not

under a hp agreement to you

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

chris85 wrote: »
    He should have been banned as from what you say there was no other circumstances that warrant him getting away with his licence

What? From what he says? Allow me to quote, "he struck and injured a cyclist….." There is no mention of any circumstance at all! You have quite a fine legal brain if you are able to decide that a person deserves a 6 month ban simply from those words. Most of the crappy judges I have seen in action actually need someone to tell them stuff like, what happened, where it happened, what was going on prior to the incident, you know, evidence, before they come to any conclusion. Losers. They obviously do not have skills required to do the job….

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

funny how someone without 2 pennies to rub together goes off to buy a newer car. sad state of how things are.

this is what I was thinking as the OP went on about how he hadnt any money to pay fines and was already in debt, but still was willing to drive his new car over 100 miles uninsured. And to say someone else was a bit silly for taking a car uninsured for a spin near their house!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

MrPudding wrote: »
    What? From what he says? Allow me to quote, "he struck and injured a cyclist….." There is no mention of any circumstance at all! You have quite a fine legal brain if you are able to decide that a person deserves a 6 month ban simply from those words. Most of the crappy judges I have seen in action actually need someone to tell them stuff like, what happened, where it happened, what was going on prior to the incident, you know, evidence, before they come to any conclusion. Losers. They obviously do not have skills required to do the job….

MrP

Their is a stipulation in the road traffic act that disqualification of uninsured drivers is standard but if it is a first time offence than there is room for no disqualification under special circumstances which are not stated. Added link below to show this.

http://www.penaltypoints.ie/faq.php

I can state that he deserves it as much as I like, everyone will say he deserves to be banned for driving uninsured when obviously he had money as he had executive car. He hit someone while insured. I did not state any legal obligation to ban him, I said he deserves to be banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Maybe your insurance covers you for driving other cars. Mine does and it is with QD.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

Did the registered owner of the car have any type of insurance on it?
    Would the registered owner say that he told you to drive the car?
    If the answer to either of the above is yes then there may be a defence.

Advertisement