Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New radio station starting this week

Options
  • 03-02-2008 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I read an article in the paper.
    I heard quite a bit about it when they were looking for tenders, but haven't heard to much about it recently.
    Hopefully it'll be a good one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭hupyago

heres their site
    http://www.i102104.ie
    seems good enough quality
    not all moaners n e way
    the news section was the best out of the radio was actually interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Fair play to them for getting Hector and Tommy Tiernan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I love the music and the news, its nice to have another choice.
    I thought the start was a bit lame, sort of thrown together and late starting but so far so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Does anyone know where the station is actually located? I've checked the website, but can't find anything that hints.....

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭easkey

I do believe Galway:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Its good enough, Tommy and Hector can be enjoyable , some of the presenters try a bit too hard to be "wacky" and it's annoying that the news isn't on the hour but seemingly at any arbitrary time , all in all it's good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 43,866 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I don't know... I listened to Hector and Tommy a couple of times and found their presenting style very childish and amateur, most the most part.

Not too impressed with the station tbh.

What I did like about it initially was that during the week they used a lot of irish in their presenting, but after a while it seems that they just overuse particular words and phrases.

Most of the presenters seem to be overly wacky, or trying to be 'cool'. Their form of humour would be better suited to pirate radio. It only ends up being irritating i think.
    Maybe its me, maybe I'm getting too old for radio of the 'Younger generation'. I must get myself a tweed blanket and walking stick. I must adjust the volume in my hearing aid, its affecting the wireless........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I'm still listening, think its a great station.
    Not mad keen on some of the weekend presenters, but the guys and girls during the weekdays are really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

I haven't heard it yet, but it's more choice and that's always good. I can't listen to Ocean much as the music makes my ears bleed and a deep shame wells up inside. Pity as the rest of it is quite good. Hopefully the new station isn't full of cut-rate Ray Foleys and Nikki Hayes'. That sounds like a form of hell. Must listen out for Hector (boo, for the most part) and Tommy (woohoo:D).

• Advertisement

il gatto wrote: »
    I haven't heard it yet, but it's more choice and that's always good. I can't listen to Ocean much as the music makes my ears bleed and a deep shame wells up inside. Pity as the rest of it is quite good. Hopefully the new station isn't full of cut-rate Ray Foleys and Nikki Hayes'. That sounds like a form of hell. Must listen out for Hector (boo, for the most part) and Tommy (woohoo:D).

I think you've hit the nail on the head there, There does seem to be a few of those cut rate DJ's in it. Sounds good for an hour, but listening to it for a while it starts to wear thin. They talk an awful lot of nonsense too. Music seems to be good though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

il gatto wrote: »
    Hopefully the new station isn't full of cut-rate Ray Foleys and Nikki Hayes'. That sounds like a form of hell.

I hear ya!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

basquille wrote: »
    I don't know... I listened to Hector and Tommy a couple of times and found their presenting style very childish and amateur, most the most part.

Bah, humbug... :mad:

Bah, humbug... :mad:
    Don't get me wrong. I like both Tommy and Hector.. but they're not radio presenters.

Not all comedians / TV personalities can make the transition to radio smoothly. Russell Brand made that transition look easy, but I think it's that Russell has one of his best friends (Matt Morgan) on his radio show with him for chemistry.

Hector and Tommy have no real chemistry together.. in fact, I remember reading that they had a fallout during the filming of 'Hanging With Hector' and that Tommy found Hector a little too hyperactive and irritating.

Don't get me wrong. I like both Tommy and Hector.. but they're not radio presenters.

Not all comedians / TV personalities can make the transition to radio smoothly. Russell Brand made that transition look easy, but I think it's that Russell has one of his best friends (Matt Morgan) on his radio show with him for chemistry.

Hector and Tommy have no real chemistry together.. in fact, I remember reading that they had a fallout during the filming of 'Hanging With Hector' and that Tommy found Hector a little too hyperactive and irritating.

If you're talking childish, Russell Brand is the king of purile. His stage act reminds me of nobody so much as Pamela Stephenson, in the period between Not the Nine O'Clock News and Billy Connolly. Lots of jokes about bodily functions and breast-feeding that nobody laughs at.

If you're talking childish, Russell Brand is the king of purile. His stage act reminds me of nobody so much as Pamela Stephenson, in the period between Not the Nine O'Clock News and Billy Connolly. Lots of jokes about bodily functions and breast-feeding that nobody laughs at.

I can't take to him at all. He's wired to the moon. My Girlfriend thinks he's great though. Ponderland was complete nonsense, maybe its just a different type of humor that we don't get or something, but I don't think he's particularly funny. He makes me laugh occasionally though.

Yeah, I completely agree that Russell Brand is not for everyone... but I do think he's hilarious.

Best get back to i102-104fm though.

(Sound of dial turning) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Yeah, I completely agree that Russell Brand is not for everyone... but I do think he's hilarious.

Russell Brand is the bastard offspring of Frankie Howard and Kenneth Williams, but was raised by a Oliver Twist like den of victorian chimneysweeps. Genius.

Advertisement