Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where would I find very thin wooden strips!?

• 03-02-2008 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

I'm making boomerangs with 30 of my primary school 'clients' this week and I need to find some wood strips. We're looking at something around 5mm thick and 30cm long.

Would Homebase give me some cut offs so I could cut the strips myself? I dont need to buy a sheet the size of a door clearly! :D

Any advice?

Oh and if you're in the Waterford area on Wednesday - Friday... Duck.
    Don't say I didn't warn ya :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Hearns on the Quay, or Woodies... Or Homebase, I'm sure they'll all have something!

Hope you have a sander! Or is that when the slave labour comes into place? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Hearns on the Quay, or Woodies... Or Homebase, I'm sure they'll all have something!

Hope you have a sander! Or is that when the slave labour comes into place? :p

I have sandpaper... and 60 little hands to get it done quicker than a Chinese factory.

Im also thinking of starting a sweat shop for Nike here in Waterford, but we'll see how this boomerang thing goes first.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Jor

You can get long timber strips of that thickness, 5mm, in Woodies and Morris's DIY, but they are very expensive. Be careful they don't try to sell you these.
    Your best bet is to go into the Timber shed in Morris's (not the shop itself) and ask if they have a small sheet of timber of that thickness. They will have large sheets in stock but they might have a bit piece that would be right for you.

Jor wrote: »
    You can get long timber strips of that thickness, 5mm, in Woodies and Morris's DIY, but they are very expensive. Be careful they don't try to sell you these.
    Your best bet is to go into the Timber shed in Morris's (not the shop itself) and ask if they have a small sheet of timber of that thickness. They will have large sheets in stock but they might have a bit piece that would be right for you.

Great. I'll tell them what its for. I'll have to show the lad at the gate on the way out of Morris's or I'll end up getting frisked for hustling boomerang material. I can see it in the News and Star now.. "Primary Teacher gets fine for smuggling raw materials for boomerang".

60?

Fcuk me! I'll be outta town Tuesday evening onwards so!

• Advertisement

60?

Fcuk me! I'll be outta town Tuesday evening onwards so!

30... 1 Pair of working little hands each... 60 hands.

30 lethal DIY boomerangs that have little chance of coming back to anyone who threw them. Gonna ring the airport just on the safe side.

:o

I can count...

:o

I can count...

I'm like a poodle in the park.. leaving tiny little heaps of education all over the place lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

You could try you-décor on thomas st you've a good chance of getting what your looking for there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Trotter wrote: »

Oh and if you're in the Waterford area on Wednesday - Friday... Duck.
    Don't say I didn't warn ya :p

I brought back a number of boomerangs from Australia last year and most ended up stuck in trees ;)

My younger lad's class made St Bridgid's crosses last week. He's keen to make more of them, any idea where I can get the reeds?

• Advertisement
Advertisement